Reef nutrition

Grow Out Contest Poll (what do you want)

What type of coral do you want to see in a Grow Out Contest?

• Zoanthid/Palythoa

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Torch

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Hammer

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Favia

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Chalice

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Acropora

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Acan

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Pectinia

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Cyphastrea

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Montipora

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glee

We are considering a Grow Out Contest or Contests and would like to get your feedback. Select your top 3 coral types that you would like to see in an upcoming contest.

I think favia are nice for a grow out because the have predictable growth oatrerns and it’s easy to count heads.

Zoas And acans are also a great choice

Acros would require weigh ins or something

Chalices have sweepers that are too long for my tank...so they obviously suck for everyone

Voted.

I'm looking for another torch and a wall hammer but I recognize that they take up a lot of room.

Most chalices don't have massive sweepers and many are quite small if any at all. Hollywood stunner is an outlier, that thing has huge sweepers.

This pole closes in 7 days. Keep the votes coming.

I didnt vote torch or hammer because the ones I want to grow fast, dont grow at all. This is a contest amiright? But these might be good for 1 year contests and I would like to learn how others are getting them to grow. My purple hammer, gold torch, and even my green torch hasn't grown any new heads in months while my green and purple tipped hammers growth rates are off the charts.

I've been liking favias lately for their bright colors, growth patterns, and hardiness.

I can cut the pink boobies chalice frags I have so they are all relatively equal.

I can make 12 frags with 3-4 eyes each.

Don't know how to do pricing though if we want to do gift cards for the winner and make sure the club gets something for it.

Last edited:
Back