Cali Kid Corals

Hammer coral

Those hammer are very nasty, if you let the polyps tips touches your arms or hand, it might even cause your skin to blistered so be careful when you work inside your tank.

Tom that only happens to people that are sensitive to them. They don't do a thing to me and many other people :) Oh everyone I know only two are sensitive to them, well, three now that you're included :)

Any coral can irritate a clam. I've seen them do "ok" with sarco's (toadstools)

I've kept hammers with every combination of Euphyllids, and they all seem to play nice ... though the E. glabrescens tend to be a little mean IME :(

GreshamH said:
Tom that only happens to people that are sensitive to them. They don't do a thing to me and many other people :) Oh everyone I know only two are sensitive to them, well, three now that you're included :)

Darn am I the third one ??? lol, am also very sensitive to STN :D

screebo said:
The tentacles of mine brush the sensitive part of my forearm when cleaning my glass. They feel soft and fluffy and "kinda nice". :)

Same with me. My anemones don't even bother the soft skin on my under forearm... yet I haven't touched my under forearm to my sebaes yet. Before I traded my frogspawn and sold my hammercoral, I always thought of them as fluffy little... OMG! There is something floating in my tank... wait I think it is plastic... BRB :)

Hammers really get me, currently my forearm looks like the surface of the moon from brushing one three weeks ago. YMMV though since I've been keeping them for almost 20 years and may have developed a sensitivity to them as I did not have the problem just a few years ago.

They do tend to play nice with other Euphyllias along with corals that can grow rapidly enough to surround the coral, they will eventually beat just about everything except large Galaxias and other corals with a strong sting and very long sweepers.

Back