got ethical husbandry?

Has anyone used an Icecap Gyre Battery backup?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I used to have a battery backup for my vortech pumps on my old tank, though I never had a power outage once I bought the darn thing lol (had two right before buying it). I used the battery probably twice, just for testing it.

Has anyone used the Icecap gyre battery backup? I'm thinking of putting it on my Maxspect Gyre to keep things mixing in the tank, but not sure if I should just get a regular UPS instead.

I have one connected to my XF280. I also have an ecotech back up for my vectra L1.

They’ve never had to be used for more than an hour though. I like having the dedicated back up batteries and I think the price of the ice cap battery is definitely reasonable.

How’s your build coming along? I’ve been thinking about doing something similar (clown harem in a reefer 170) for almost a year now but haven’t pulled the trigger. I’m tempted to get mine going now since I’ve seen your build..

Last edited:
Only problem with the battery backup is can't put their pumps in maintenance mode to shut down as the battery will still powering the pumps. Had to manual unplug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Only problem with the battery backup is can't put their pumps in maintenance mode to shut down as the battery will still powering the pumps. Had to manual unplug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You cannot power down from apex for maitainence. However you can power down by holding the power button for 3 seconds. The same goes for the ecotech battery back up though. This way you don’t need to unplug anything.

Back