Our mission

Hello everyone!!!

Hello, my name is Luke and I have just recently found and joined BAR. I am currently 16 and am attending high school (well until coronavirus hit :) ) in saratoga and recently got my first saltwater tank. I finnaly set up my 20g Innovative marine tank at the beginning of January after a long process of research and preparations. I was more than ecstatic to set it up because of how much I admire the ocean life and especially the coral reef. I have a pair of Picasso Ocelaris clownfish, a fire shrimp and a few coral frags in there so far but am preparing to add a Royal Gramma in the next few weeks and am always saving up money for some more coral frags, especially acans cause they are my favorite at the moment. Currently, my tank has been doing great with little setbacks so far but I am ready for any complications that are near unavoidable. Just today found small polyp of aiptasia under a frag plug but quickly burned it and then covered the spot with superglue, hopefully not going to find anymore. Just wanted to introduce my self so you guys get to know a little about me and I am excited to become part of the community and meet some fellow hobbyist who can help me further my knowlage and I can help them. Ask any questions about my tank or experience so far or feel free just to say hello to me and make a new friend.:)

Glad you found us! So far so good, your tank. Fire shrimp look so striking. I would love to get a couple. I have a reclusive peppermint and two cleaners but have never had fire shrimp.
Is this your first tank of any kind?

Welcome! I had the IM 10 and the width of your 20 looks so nice it’s tempting me to do a new tank. What are you running for filtration in the back?

Glad you found us! So far so good, your tank. Fire shrimp look so striking. I would love to get a couple. I have a reclusive peppermint and two cleaners but have never had fire shrimp.
Is this your first tank of any kind?
Yes, it is my first tank of any kind, but I also want to eventually get a planted freshwater tank also.

Back