Jestersix

Hello Everyone!

Hello everyone, My name is Tuan. I recently got back into the hobby after a 2 year break. I had a 210 Oceanic reef setup until i moved into this new townhome 3 years ago when i found out that the 210 was not going to fit anywhere in the family room. So i had to tear it down and downgrade to a 90gal bowfront. Yah, it was sad and it was hurting. It did't take long until i realize its not the size i want, being use to the 210 gal. So I tore it down completely and sold everything. Recently i tried starting with a 20gal.. What did you know?. It didn't even last a month, HA. Now I got a 120gal thats been running for about a month now. So far im enjoying the size i have and lets hope that i do not want to go bigger yet. I am looking forward to meet new people within the forum to share the difference experiences of this hobby.

tuan

tuan

Welcome. We are relatively new to the saltwater hobby but all the members have been a great help to us. The wealth of the knowledge is amazing and the help that they have provided has been invaluable to the "newbees".

Mike Ray

This is a few weeks ago when i strted to get everything setup. I know the lights isnt going to work. I have the Aquatic Life T5 HO Light Fixture - 48" on order.. It's been backorder and suppose to come in next week. ( i hope) I'm still not sure what type of flows I want in the tank yet. As of right now i got the Maxijet 1200. Thinking of the mod or spend a bit more and get something a bit better. I had some poly-fill in the tank the first few days and it cleared up the tank so fast :)Enjoy the first 3 weeks of my setup
IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

for flow in your tank i recomend koriala #3 get a few of those guys.

also very clean setup. keep the pics coming you should just start a build thread.

Thanks,

I should have taken pics of each step But i have no pics from making the stand :( Thanks for the recommendation on the koriala #3. I was looking at those and couldnt decide if i should go with #3 or #4. I got some new stuff in the tank.. I'll take some pics today as soon as i get a chance.

Hi Tuan,

Welcome to BAR! You can start a tank thread witht the pictures yo posted above. We would all love to watch your tank progress. :)

Welcome to Bar everyone is super friendly and you will find that there is a lot of knowledge on this site to last you a life time.

Let se some more pictures.

Nice start on the tank. For Koralia, I find I'm always better off going with the larger #. i'd go with 4 if I were you, I think it's the same size as #3, just more flow.

The #4 is bigger, the #2 & #3 are the same size ;)

Personally I like a few smaller ones placed close tot he corals, it really seems to work well for me.

Thanks everyone.. I got 2 Koralia #4 on order with Blue Ocean Aquatic In San Jose /Milpitas and my Aquatic Life T5 HO Light Fixture 48" should be shipping tomorrow (i hope). I've added more fish (kole tang, naso tang, blue tang) and i have the Achilles tang in the store quarantine.

Here is another update of the tank.

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

Back