Neptune Aquatics

Hello from San Mateo

phatduckk

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I've been casually lurking for about a year and thought I'd finally signup as a supporting member and introduce myself.

I'm Arin - I got into reefing about a year ago. I remember when I first started I promised myself I'd stick to 1 tank... but now I have 3: a Reefer 350 DT, an IM 25 Lagoon coral/invert QT and a Waterbox peninsula mini I just setup because I wanted to see if I could pull off a "fancy" aquascape.

I frequent Ultimate Aquarium as its just a few blocks away, cruise by AC from time to time and, on a rare occasion, go to Bay Bridge Aquarium.

Anyways... thought I'd say "hi".

Hi everyone,

I've been casually lurking for about a year and thought I'd finally signup as a supporting member and introduce myself.

I'm Arin - I got into reefing about a year ago. I remember when I first started I promised myself I'd stick to 1 tank... but now I have 3: a Reefer 350 DT, an IM 25 Lagoon coral/invert QT and a Waterbox peninsula mini I just setup because I wanted to see if I could pull off a "fancy" aquascape.

I frequent Ultimate Aquarium as its just a few blocks away, cruise by AC from time to time and, on a rare occasion, go to Bay Bridge Aquarium.

Anyways... thought I'd say "hi".
Hi hi, do you happen to have some tank pictures and a journal :). What do you have in your tank?

Hi hi, do you happen to have some tank pictures and a journal :). What do you have in your tank?

Oops - it was late so I didn't list out the gear =) Here's what we have going on:

DT - Reefer 350
  • VarioS 4 return w/ AuquaUV 15w plumbed inline
  • Apex w/ FFM, WXM, Dos, Trident
  • 2x MP40qd
  • Red Sea Skimmer
  • Kessil Fuge Light (I'm very good at killing my chaeto)
  • 2x ReefLED 90
  • Tunze ATO
  • BRS reactor for carbon
  • AWC via a second Dos (waste goes out to the yard, new water from a 15g IM ATO reservoir in the garage)
  • Livestock: One Spot, Tomini Tang, Helfrichi Firefish, Flame Wrasse, Royal Gramma, Clowns, Borbonias Anthia
Coral/Invert QT - IM Lagoon 25
  • Stock - MightJet return
  • ApexEL w/ WXM, Dos, Trident
  • MP10
  • IM reactor
  • Smart ATO
  • InTank filter caddies
  • AquqUV HOB UV via MJ1200
  • ReefLED 90 light
  • Livestock: a bunch of CUC, 10 acros, massive xenia, mushroom, goni, Kenya leather
Waterbox - IM Lagoon 25
  • stock pump
  • ReefWave 25
  • ReefLED 50
  • Inkbird for heater control
  • I bought an EB832 and a 30' cable so I can run it off the Coral QT's ApexEL (hasn't arrived)
  • Livestock: 1 wheeler goby & pistol shrimp
I don't have any good pictures of the DT but I do have some shots of the Aquascape I made for the Waterbox:

IMG_5819.jpeg

IMG_5817.jpeg

I'll see if I can get some good DT shots later today. The coral QT looks like a box with a frag rack in it... nothing too exciting. All the coral have finally graduated QT and I'm hoping I get some time to transport them to the DT & Waterbox so I can bleach the QT and start a new batch.

Welcome! You can put that information in the tank journals forum and update it as things change.

When you want to get frags from DBTC, folks will ask for your journal(s).

Oops - it was late so I didn't list out the gear =) Here's what we have going on:

DT - Reefer 350
  • VarioS 4 return w/ AuquaUV 15w plumbed inline
  • Apex w/ FFM, WXM, Dos, Trident
  • 2x MP40qd
  • Red Sea Skimmer
  • Kessil Fuge Light (I'm very good at killing my chaeto)
  • 2x ReefLED 90
  • Tunze ATO
  • BRS reactor for carbon
  • AWC via a second Dos (waste goes out to the yard, new water from a 15g IM ATO reservoir in the garage)
  • Livestock: One Spot, Tomini Tang, Helfrichi Firefish, Flame Wrasse, Royal Gramma, Clowns, Borbonias Anthia
Coral/Invert QT - IM Lagoon 25
  • Stock - MightJet return
  • ApexEL w/ WXM, Dos, Trident
  • MP10
  • IM reactor
  • Smart ATO
  • InTank filter caddies
  • AquqUV HOB UV via MJ1200
  • ReefLED 90 light
  • Livestock: a bunch of CUC, 10 acros, massive xenia, mushroom, goni, Kenya leather
Waterbox - IM Lagoon 25
  • stock pump
  • ReefWave 25
  • ReefLED 50
  • Inkbird for heater control
  • I bought an EB832 and a 30' cable so I can run it off the Coral QT's ApexEL (hasn't arrived)
  • Livestock: 1 wheeler goby & pistol shrimp
I don't have any good pictures of the DT but I do have some shots of the Aquascape I made for the Waterbox:

View attachment 20932

View attachment 20933

I'll see if I can get some good DT shots later today. The coral QT looks like a box with a frag rack in it... nothing too exciting. All the coral have finally graduated QT and I'm hoping I get some time to transport them to the DT & Waterbox so I can bleach the QT and start a new batch.
Nice you got some really nice gadgets :)

Nice you got some really nice gadgets :)

thanks! as an engineer I'll admit that the gadgets are definitely one of the appeals of the hobby. The other night my power flickered and the Apex on my DT didn't automatically reconnect to the wifi; my initial thought was "oh cool. I have a project to do now". But, it worked with a quick reset and I gave it a static IP which should mitigate this from happening again

i like your fish choices for the redsea DT.
you got good taste

thanks! I had a Bella goby in there as well but the poor dude died. All my fish are QT'd so thankfully the odds of it being a parasite etc are low; looked like he injured his mouth really badly; couldn't close it all the way and had visible injuries. I ordered another one from one of the QT vendors I like working with & im hoping it arrives in about 3-4 weeks.

Back