Kessil

hello from the yuba river

aloha everyone .

part time bay area resident who also spends time in hawaii .

Been on off involved with the hobby since the early 90's .

Look forward to starting a couple new tanks might do a 500 gallon locally collected tank at our molokai house when the year progresses.

Look forward to gaining new knowledge and insight into my hobby /passion .

thanks everyone for all your hard work.

all the best

Wow that's pretty neat.

You should collect some hawaiin people eater palys! Be careful with palythoa toxin though, stuff can send you to the hospital. Definitely some nice ones out there!

Pictures too! We love pictures!

I've heard you need a license, but if you're a local it's pretty easy to get a license and collect.

Selling what you collect is a whole nother story. It's pretty regulated in hawaii. There are species restrictions too,.

license is basic. thanks everyone for response been busy with the holidays. will snap some picks as soon as im back on the islands.

swam with a monk seal before i came back to the mainland.

promise to drop pics as things progress . i dont think there is much restriction in my areas one of my friends houses in on an ancient hawaiian fish pond.

although im not one for rules if the little guy lets me catch them i bring them home for a while maybe down the line let them go.

im in my late 30's and have an aversion to fish and corals etc collected improperly. (i have been to many a wholesale house in los angeles)

there is maybe one or two people on the island collecting its minor.

my whole thing now is to try and enjoy fish and then let them go.

the 500 gallon was built into the house by the previous owners its kind of a dinosaur but will be a great fish only tank (its really deep )

aloha and happy holidays

Back