Jestersix

Hello! I'm excited to be here

The title pretty much says it all!

I am brand new to the area (thanks to the Air Force) and I've been wanting to get started in the hobby for years. I grew up with my dad occasionally talking about his 55 gallon he used to have but it was never set up again until after I left for college. I am at the point where I am about to start my own system up and have been looking in the 55-75 gallon region, think I have more or less settled on the Redsea Reefer 350 and plan to order it all in the upcoming weeks, waiting to see what goes on sale for Black Friday (not expecting the main tank, but maybe I can get a deal on some of the other gear).

I've been to a few of the stores in my area and have been impressed with how much support there is here compared to some other places I've been. I look forward to getting involved and hearing about everyone's journey.

Welcome, are you currently in the Air Force? So stationed at Travis? If so also look into MARS as well, Travis is roughly halfway between both general areas.

The RSR is a fine tank for a beginner to get setup with too, especially if it's the whole kit as opposed to just the tank, but if you're new to salt water do expect things to seem daunting, they really aren't it's just that choices make people feel like things are too complicated.

Welcome! How exciting to set up your first tank. Glad you found the club so you don't have to figure out everything on your own. Feel free to ask lots of questions.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

To answer, yes, active duty at Travis. I haven’t heard of MARS yet, I’ll take a look. I guess I get the best of both worlds being where I am.

I’m looking at getting one of their kits and am certainly expecting a lot of early learning. I’ve been trying to really immerse myself for that last year or so, before that it was fairly casual, but

Back