Reef nutrition

Help Mike move a tank, weekend of Feb 15-16

Ok as they say time to **** or get off the pot, now it's obvious the **** is 'reef' but I'm not really a pot smoker either, so don't think that saying applies to me.

So here's the thing, I have 200 gallon Marineland deep dimension tank (that's glass folks) sitting in my basement still on the wood pallet it was shipped to the store in. It is on top of a memory of days past. So need some able bodied people to help me first get it down and put it on it's side, I will then drill 2 holes in it for an overflow. Then put it on a some furniture dollies to push it through my garage (which hopefully should have a clear shot to a doorway), up two steps, into a half finished basement room, over a gap in the floor, and then up on the stand I spent way too much time trying to be perfect over it before finally going "f' it, it's good enough"

I have a pair of crappy furniture dollies, if we had another pair would only need to lift it 3 times, from where it is to the ground, then up the 2 steps, then up to the stairs and it can be pushed the entire way.

Unfortunately the tank is 48x36x27 so it needs to be on the side to get through the doorway as it's not 36" wide inside, and the other unfortunate thing is if a ton of people offer to help, that's too many, at most 4 people to lift it through the doorway (2 front 2 back and then only if they're skinny), but hopefully I can use a sheet of plywood scrap and make a ramp up the 2 steps so no carrying needed there.

So I have 2-3 people so far who offered help, just want to throw out there for maybe a couple more, possibly some suction cups, although I dunno how necessary they'll be since it won't be a lot of carrying really. Also any preference on day/time?

Lastly this is going to be a boring tank install, other than drilling a couple holes there's not going to be any setting up of tank equipment, plumbing, rocks, etc. I can have snacks for people who help, but I don't want to hype this up too much like there will be a tank that is filled with water at the end of the day :)

Pretty sure I'll be in Santa Cruz that weekend, but you're welcome to borrow my suction cups. Let me know if you want to borrow them and I can bring them to CFM for someone to pass it to you.

that weekend won't work for me. We have to demo our basement apartment due to water leaks. Demo saturday and sunday interior and out. have to resheet the exterior wall and waterproof it and attach hardy plank!

I can bring furniture dollies to help.
That'd be great, however aren't you a bit far away? I don't want you to have to commit if it's a huge trek.

I should be able to help if it’s the evening of the 15th, but I’m not in town the 16th.
No worries, I think I have enough, and unless you mean "evening" as in 2-3pm I don't want to restrict the time that much. I do appreciate the offer

I'll be out of town but I have suction cups and furniture dollies that I can give to Coral Reefer for you to use.
That'll work, we'll let Mike be the mule to move everything around :D

I can be the forth if needed so Im a definite maybe lol
I'll take a definite maybe!

Pretty sure I'll be in Santa Cruz that weekend, but you're welcome to borrow my suction cups. Let me know if you want to borrow them and I can bring them to CFM for someone to pass it to you.
No worries, but yeah if you can give them to Mike (Coral Reefer) that'd be great, we hopefully should have enough but having an extra set helps if someone doesn't show.

that weekend won't work for me.
Really life happens, I get it. No worries, we'll hopefully have enough.

Be glad to
Great!

Location?
San Francisco, but not the scary inside part of San Francisco, the southern end of it near the freeways... but still can be a PITA for parking, it's just parking doesn't cost anything... and people can double park and it's no huge deal.

I might watch.....I have help moved Mike tanks before.....need a break. : )
Yeah but that was what an acrylic tank? Barely weighs anything! But if you want to supervise while drinking a cold beverage I get it :)

I have furniture dollies and can help on sat/sun
Cool beans! Probably will have more than enough dollies, but more is always better... hell at this point might not have enough room for people! :D

Where are you located? I might be able to help as well.
San Francisco, Portola district, a couple blocks over from Silver.

Ok, so thanks to all who offered, I appreciate it. I think we'll aim for Saturday , maybe somewhere around lunch time that way I maybe can have food for people to munch on... except Arnold, supervisors bring their own food :D. The reality is drilling the tank will probably take longer than moving the tank.

Back