Jestersix

Help with booster pump

I have finally been able to set up a water change station and would like to automate the process. The booster pump I bought a long time ago came with what I believe is a pressure switch and a solenoid valve.

In the BRS video on how to set up a booster pump, they only use a pressure switch which is attached to the product line (which I've done). My product line is hooked up to a float valve within my water container.

When I lift up the float valve, the water stops, but my booster pump continues to run. What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to hook up the solenoid valve as well? If so, where does it go? Unfortunately I don't have the instructions to this pump and can't find it online.
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg

Wait for a few minutes it should stop. If the pump still run, then there’s something wrong with the pressure switch. Try get a new switch and test that one out

Wait for a few minutes it should stop. If the pump still run, then there’s something wrong with the pressure switch. Try get a new switch and test that one out
So I saw in your prior message you linked a electronic shut off switch on Amazon which looks like the solenoid valve I have. I saw on Amazon there were a few pics of how it was installed on the source line before the booster and I did the same.

It seems to have worked!

Is that the correct way or do I not even need the solenoid valve installed?

Back