Jestersix

Here we go again - Dave's 120 g

I would suggest you get some better shutoff valve those are super hard to turn. Go with some gate valve for better fine tuning since you going to do it now so do it once [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wasn't actually planning to use them for anything other than shutoff valves when I do maintenance etc. so not sure I need gates for now.

I would suggest you get some better shutoff valve those are super hard to turn. Go with some gate valve for better fine tuning since you going to do it now so do it once [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I strongly agree. Not that you need to use gate valves, but get the cepex ball valves from BRS instead of the Home Depot ones. More expensive, but way higher quality. After awhile, you will have a really hard time turning the cheap ones rendering them almost useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a busy week, but finally moved in the stand, plumbed through in the garage and bought in tank. Got the RO installed and adding to the tank directly and will be mixing the first salt water in their prior to adding Live sand.

20171203_200958.jpg

20171204_180915.jpg

20171206_205149.jpg

Well, it's almost been a week since I moved everything from the Cylinder tank I bought into my new set up. Done a small water change this week already and looks to be pretty stable.

Everyone is eating just fine - My Pacific Cleaners (Canary in a coal mine) also happy and corals starting to open up more and more after running my AP 700 on Acclimation for several days.

Tonight we are planning to do a better job with the Aquascape now things are settled in.

I need to figure out how to take better photo's :)

20171213_165213.jpg

20171213_165218.jpg

20171213_165223.jpg

20171213_165240.jpg

Few more updates here. Wife and I spent a little time doing some aquascaping - I just moved the rocks around :)

Wired up my Apex and got my ATO going with a Vinegar/Kalk+2 and things are looking quite stable!

Added a couple of new frags (Thanks @Wlachnit !) and left plenty of open shelf space to keep growing out and adding.

My 5 RBTA's are now 6, so I'll be looking to re-house some of those guys soon too.

20171219_173253.jpg

20171219_173301.jpg

20171219_173308.jpg

Numbers are looking quite good too. Ph ~ 8.1, Alk ~8, constant 78f. Calcium is down at 430 ppm but I only just started to drip Kalk so expect this to rise over time.

Picked up a few snails and a Flower Pot (Goniopora) to add a splash of color. All my params seem super stable, Ph at 8.1, temp a constant 78, alk at 8 and CA 450.

20171227_115046.jpg

We picked up a Kole/Regal and Yellow tang also and they're in the QT for a few weeks but looking very healthy.
20171227_183513.jpg

Few more updates here. Wife and I spent a little time doing some aquascaping - I just moved the rocks around :)

Wired up my Apex and got my ATO going with a Vinegar/Kalk+2 and things are looking quite stable!

Added a couple of new frags (Thanks @Wlachnit !) and left plenty of open shelf space to keep growing out and adding.

My 5 RBTA's are now 6, so I'll be looking to re-house some of those guys soon too.

View attachment 8449

View attachment 8450

View attachment 8451

Numbers are looking quite good too. Ph ~ 8.1, Alk ~8, constant 78f. Calcium is down at 430 ppm but I only just started to drip Kalk so expect this to rise over time.
Your Ca really isn’t bad. It’s been my experience that kalkwasser only maintains but does not increase the levels. I’ll use two part to adjust the levels to where I want them and then use the kalkwasser to maintain.

Thought I would toss in a "behind the scenes"shot - This is the garage side of my tank. I am still in my tinkering/stabilizing phase so almost impossible to keep clean!

20171230_103227.jpg

Still using the tiny sump that came with the cylinder tank but hoping to get something bigger soon as it's a little cramped and no room for any algae reactor or fuge right now

When I acquired the livestock from the cylinder I got a couple of items that are in PVC end caps, see below:

20180106_104356.jpg

How the heck would I go about getting them out and attaching them to something with a little more aesthetic appeal without damaging them?

Also, not entirely sure what this is? Some big mushroom or something else?

IIRC, they were hairy mushrooms. I would get them to shrink up and try to cut them off at their foot as close to the pvc. Then I would either put them in a container with rubble or on a rock with some mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back