Reef nutrition

Hi everyone

kvosstra

Supporting Member
Hi there,

While many of you know me from reefcentral, I figured I would start posting over here on a more regular basis.

Anyway - for those who do not know me, I have 3 current tanks, 180 with SPS, 40 with SPS, and a 40 breeder with a few pairs of clowns which I hope to have lay eggs at some point!

Ill post some pics sometime in the near future and hopefully even a tank log.
I will also be moving my 180 gallon tank in the next month or so - I just got married, and my roommate is moving out so my wife and I can have the place to ourselves, so I get his old room as my fish room/office. While I do this, I am planning on really cleaning up the tank - removing all aiptasia, cleaning the sand, nuking the rocks to get out the phosphates, etc. Finally, Ill do a complete new aquascape of the tank and get some more water movement in there - I've been completely unimpressed with how I have the water moving in there and I think it has severely affected the corals. I compare the movement to my 40g tank, and its not even close!

Anyway - Ill post here with pics when I decide to get started on that project.

I am also looking for a few pairs of clowns to add to my breeding group. I have a pair of mature standard occalaris clowns, juv. black clowns, mature gold stripe maroon, and a mature pair of clarkii's. some of these pairs are in my display tanks, and wont be moving.
I'd be interested in purchasing, or trading corals for a pair of snowflakes or picasso's, skunk clowns, as well as looking for a single bangaii to pair with my existing single fish (dont know if its male or female).

Thanks! - Kyle

Welcome!
I saw a pic of your Atl Ultra Cherry Bomb Milli on the DBTC page. Nice looking tank.
Gonna frag any of that for DBTC?

Ill have a quite a few frags for the DBTC in about 3 weeks - going to tear down my main tank for some much, much needed cleaning. going to re-do the aquascape and try to get more flow in there. Right now my tank looks like a pile of rocks with corals, and there is poor water flow, so I'm not getting the growth or colors that I was a year ago. Also, lots of problems with old rock and sand, and aiptasia, so all the LR will be cleaned (in process now), then put into my sump to get re-colonized with bacteria and pods, etc. before heading back to the main tank. Hopefully this will keep the aiptasia out as well, since my fuge is free of aips (some berghia got loose in there and at everything! Found about 10 the other day pale white, searching for food! I rescued them back into a container and fed a nice piece of aiptasia coverd rock.

Anyway - Ill probably have 5-10 DBTC frags available, probably not pretty frags, but nice solid chunks from the base of the coral...they will grow in time!

JAR. Ill put you down for a piece of the cherry bomb - I'd be interested in some pieces from you as well!

kvosstra said:
JAR. Ill put you down for a piece of the cherry bomb - I'd be interested in some pieces from you as well!

You wont find me in the debtor column for any length of time! :)
Are you going to the October BAR meeting? It sounds like you could benefit from it.

"BARs October 10th general meeting is going to be exciting with more than one facet. First off we will be featuring a top notch speaker, Paul Whitby, a former TOTM winner, marine pathologist, and the President of the Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society. Paul will be breaking down the art of aquascaping using architectural and aesthetic rules used in other arts like photography and landscaping."

I am going to try to get to the meeting - but with work and my wife being pregnant, I have to make sure I can go.

I agree that the meeting sounds interesting!

-Kyle

I know that to be a yes.
Hey Kyle,
Congrats
When is the due date on the bun in the oven?
I was building my in-wall while my wife was pregnant.
Now my daughter is 16 months old. :)
I feel like we are over the hump and it's really getting fun!!!

She's due in early April, she's very excited to be able to get off from work before the school year is out!

We're just starting on the baby room, so, got to get my fish stuff in order and get it all out of that room. I either need to find some space in my office (likely for the temperature sensitive stuff), or in the garage.

In addition to the babies room I was doing this...
fishtank020-1-1.jpg

Welcome Kyle,

I've seen you on the R.C. boards. I'll keep a look out for your posts on BARS and follow your progress

Congrats to you and your wife!

Joel
Reef Keeper

Back