Cali Kid Corals

Hi from Portola Valley

n0bel

Supporting Member
Hello All,

I just stumbled across this group randomly while trying to find a LFS to unload my bronze corydoras on. I'm an avid planted freshwater / pond enthusiast and I'm just getting started in both coral growing and talapia aquaculture. I also breed neocaridina shrimp. I've got roughly 15 tanks total from a 5 gallon rimless in the kitchen to a 300 gallon stock tank in the yard. I'm saving up for one of those sexy Red Sea tanks. I'm mostly here to learn, but also to meet local fish enthusiasts.

Pics and more coming soon.

Best,
Alex

Edit: Here is my kitchen Walstad.

IMG_0661.jpg

Last edited:
I love it when new members come from different perspectives and orientations. Aquaculture is cool and fits great with our club mission. You will be able learn from members here, and I bet we will learn a lot from you too. Welcome!

So I caved and bought a Fluval EVO 13.5 to learn with. Does anybody have any suggestions for starter refractometers that aren't trash?
If you are in it for the long haul, the milwaukee refractometer is hard to beat for speed and consistency. It is pricier than other options, but it is one piece of gear I really enjoy using due to its simplicity.

I started on the same tank. Great choice!

Back