Kessil

Hi new to the Bay

Hi everyone name is Isaac I have about a year in the Bay, Hayward to be exact. I moved from LA because it was getting to crowed there and well it was time for a change. I am not new to the hobby but have been on and off for about 10 years. Last time I had a tank was about a year and a half ago and now got myself a 40breeder diy stand 25g sump with two AI Vegas which i might upgrade to a radion pro gen4 just because I can’t seem to find my controller for my lights and it’s hard to find one. Well any-who looking forward to meeting some local hobbies in the area.
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man welcome I'm also from socal Anaheim and live in Petaluma and would never go back except a move to Hawaii

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey man welcome I'm also from socal Anaheim and live in Petaluma and would never go back except a move to Hawaii

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank you glad I found this forum didn’t think there was that many hobbies on this side of town.
Yeah Hawaii is the place to be I had a trip booked for this August actually but moved it to April of next year hopefully everything settles down to be able to travel again.

Last edited:
Like your rock work, is it floating on the backwall?

Sucks though if you need to upgrade your lights just because you can't find a controller. I mean sure the older LEDs don't have all the fancy options of modern day ones, but if they grow corals who cares. I know at least one member who uses AI Sols over his tank still.

Like your rock work, is it floating on the backwall?

Sucks though if you need to upgrade your lights just because you can't find a controller. I mean sure the older LEDs don't have all the fancy options of modern day ones, but if they grow corals who cares. I know at least one member who uses AI Sols over his tank still.

Yeah I did two floating shelves one is higher than the other I want to have mostly LPS and add some dendros or Tubastraea underneath since they don’t need light but are bright and will look nice when there open well that’s the plan just hope it works.

As for the lights there from my old system like all my equipment except for the tank and stand the lights work just fine but can’t seem to get the pop color without adjusting the lights like I did before and finding the control is hard to find and when I did find one they wanted top dollar for it which is more than what I want to spend for something that old. Am hoping by selling my lights I can recuperate the money fora new light.

How’d you attack the rocks to the back wall?
Consider becoming a supporting member, there are many benefits including access to the buy sell trade forum.

How’d you attack the rocks to the back wall?
Consider becoming a supporting member, there are many benefits including access to the buy sell trade forum.

I had some 1/4in frag racks laying around so I just heated them up till they were pliable and made a little over 90 degree bend maybe more like 80 degrees. So when I put the rock on top it, it sagged down to the 90 degree that I was looking for and just siliconed it to the back glass.

How do you become a member?

A tube nem would love the shadowed spot, as long as there’s enough room

That’s a good idea but I like small fish and crustaceans it would probably eat them since they have those super long tentacles but I might try one thanks for the idea.

I had some 1/4in frag racks laying around so I just heated them up till they were pliable and made a little over 90 degree bend maybe more like 80 degrees. So when I put the rock on top it, it sagged down to the 90 degree that I was looking for and just siliconed it to the back glass.

How do you become a member?

Welcome to our group.
I like the floating rock structure you did.
What are the 1/4" frag racks you're using? Do you mean the typical florescent light diffuser type of rack?
Good luck with the build.

Back