Kessil

Homewrecker

Blaise006

Supporting Member
Anyone in the club have success growing out a JF homewrecker?

Toying with the idea of purchasing one, but would love to hear people’s experience first.

My piece seems to be growing as fast as my others. For me so far in line with the pink lemonade. Faster than the Walt disney and slower than the red dragon.
It's sarting to branch at the base.

Attachments

• 20210707_123135.jpg
    20210707_123135.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 158
My piece seems to be growing as fast as my others. For me so far in line with the pink lemonade. Faster than the Walt disney and slower than the red dragon.
It's sarting to branch at the base.
May I ask where you got yours from? I am listing all the vendors to check out for it.

This one’s still a 3 or 4” baby-colony. Green as can be, just under 300 PAR with Kessils and T5 both on. This is the highest PAR I keep anything in. So just plan to keep yours in higher PAR unless you want it to look green.
9658F20B-10A6-406A-9F3B-5CD785429103.jpeg

What would you all say regarding its hardiness compared to WD?
i would say the WD is hardier than a HW. pretty slow grower for me, stalled past few months now, got effected from a small alk spike. was at 620 par, but dropped it around 440 to let it recover before i start blasting it again.

I wonder if the glass reflections are amplifying the PAR on the frag rack, or the different light spectrums make a difference. Has anyone ever colored up a rainbow tenuis using Kessils?
I suspect it might be either spectrum or trace dosing, or both. In this tank I am running Radion XR30W G4s pro & non-pro with Reef Brite XHOs. I am planning on fragging and throwing under Kessil AP700s at some point soon...

I don't think it's PAR reflection though. I measured PAR and it's pretty much 200 -250 range. And at that depth, I would think there would be minimal carry over to reflect.

I suspect it might be either spectrum or trace dosing, or both. In this tank I am running Radion XR30W G4s pro & non-pro with Reef Brite XHOs. I am planning on fragging and throwing under Kessil AP700s at some point soon...

I don't think it's PAR reflection though. I measured PAR and it's pretty much 200 -250 range. And at that depth, I would think there would be minimal carry over to reflect.
I will try the opposite and put a frag from the Kessil tank into my Radion tank then. Most of the tenuis in my ~230 PAR Radion tank look fairly colorful.

Back