Our mission

how I started my reef tank **super cheap**

Those are flatworms.

Curious why you have berghias? Do you have aiptasia? They only eat aiptasia... if you don't have any, suggest you rehome them...
thanks. then do you know how to get rid of them?
I do have aiptasia in my tank. berghias are doing great job there.

Yesterday I got three zoas frags to my tank.nuclear green palythoas, Scrambled eggs, and utter chaos. utter chaos came from @Srt4eric DBTC. So nice to have it. the other two I bought from a young guy for 10 dollars. I feel they are really cheap. at very first glance, I thought they were dead or dying. scrambled eggs closed so tight that looks very tiny. nuclear green was open like umbrella syndrome, and no response to touch. I was upset. but after I put them in in my tank, they just gradually opened, all of them opened. it was amazing. here are some pictures of them.
IMG_20210508_113137[1].jpg

IMG_20210508_113212[1].jpg

IMG_20210508_113232[1].jpg

I got a emerald crab from pet club. thanks @Srt4eric. it ate one small bubble algae last night. today I noticed it was picking something from zoas, not sure what's that. Hope it can eat all the bublbles.

long time no update. this is a 6 months mark video. xenia is really growing. GSP is longer, but not as fast as they said. not sure why some zoas are becoming smaller and thinner.

long time no update. it's have been 9 months since I started the tank. recently I got some very cute frags: frogspawn, hammer, purple stylo. I like them very much.

my xenia is keeping growing fast. GSP recently just started growing fast, not sure why. the frogspawn was not open at its first week though it opened on the first day. I tried to adjusted light, locations, but no good result. yesterday I moved it to a location where the flow is medium to high, it just opened. so flow matters, light maybe not that much. or maybe it's just about the time.

I just DIY the frag holder with a half water bottle bottom and some small magnets. it's close to free compare to what you can get from online or some store. I'm happy with it.

as usual , I don't test anything in my tank but temperature. I do know the temperature but never adjusted it. until now everything goes well except I lost a three head sunny D, not sure why. I think in the real ocean, things changes without notice. corrals should have the ability to adjust themselves to the nature. so I just try to keep in that way. not mean I try to mess them up, but just not that much test and human intervention.

Thank you so much @Matt_Wandell, you are so nice and generous.

Back