Reef nutrition

How's the SPS frags doing from the Battle Corals GB?

dochou

Supporting Member
I'm curious about everyones frags?
Are they growing or did they survive?
Are the colors of the frags the same as what was on his website?
Is it taking time to color up?
For me, I bought 2 frags and got one free. 2 frags RTN'd; 1 the first mo and the other the 2nd mo.
The 3rd frag is called Rainbow's Army. It's alive and growing slowly. The colors never looked like the advertised pic. It looks nothing like it. My frag is green with puple polyps.
The 2 frags that died never looked like what was advertised either.
I don't think I'll order expensive SPS online ever again.

I lost 2 of my 5 battlebox but am pretty amazed that 3 of them still survived the nem in powerhead issue I had.
Battle del fuego was a polyp less pink toe for months, but recently with higher par and more stable water parameters there’s a encrusting growth edge and polyps are out. It is still just pink but is changing color near the base.
Kermits granny has been encrusting and is a cool two toned purple and green, but I’m interested in putting it in higher par to see if that changes it.
Bohemia arrived fully encrusting the plug and has now encrusted the new plug it’s on. Color isn’t like the pics online but again it’s been changing since I increased the light intensity. Good polyp extension on this one.

I don’t think my tank or I were ready when I got them but I think the fact 3 survived is a testament to frags that have been in captivity for a long time. I believe I should have placed them all in spots with higher par, but really the issue was the total light intensity was too low.

All what arrived this last shipment are doing well and growing. Some growing faster then other.
Already gave away multiple new frags out of this last shipment.

I lost 3/11. Rest have encrusted nicely and are coloring up. ATL shades of fall, rainbow melon teni, BC bonfire shown left to right in this pic.
20210118_102103.jpg
20201201_192955.jpg

I lost 3/9. Miss Scarlett was damaged by me over dipping, then stn. Hyperberry looked great with great color and encrusting but no PE for a few months then RTN. Crystalis Milli encrusted some but never did much or looked too great, eventually stn.

Bonfire table, Greg c ultimate efflo, Kermit granny, pumpkin pie milli, and Awarewolf are all engrusting, growing and good PE. Colors aren't quite like the website, but show promise. 4 color raptor has encrusted a little but is mostly brown with no PE.

Really bummed to lose the hyperberry and miss Scarlett, but overall still happy with the buy.

Too many dead worms?

No, didn’t kill too many worms, no fish died this time (I did lose a fish once using FWE) just corals. The fish did look stunned for a day. The corals all slowly died together over a few weeks. I tried this experiment a couple times unfortunately with same result because I didn’t at first link the coral deaths to FWE. All the Salifert spokesperson could tell me is maybe my carbon was bad (even though I did a 40% water change right afterward and used BRS Rox 0.8 carbon). I think my takeaway is either I have something else in my tank that released something bad for corals - I noticed FWE took out all my <1cm baby sea cucumbers of which I had a hundred or so - or something was wrong with the FWE batch. Also I’m never putting anything in my tank that doesn’t list and control for ingredients again.

• Sad
Reactions: JVU
Back