High Tide Aquatics

I killed my blue cloves

I covered my small patch of blue cloves with aquascape epoxy. This should work to kill them off, right?
This is the stuff I used:
http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/?q=node/180

Good luck on that, they breed like rabbits, and it's not like a zoathid that'll just grow from the same patch they get up in the water column and end up all sorts of places, I had them on the back of my glass growing on coraline algae. Quite nice mind you.. until they exist on every rock in your tank.

xcaret said:
want more in case they don't make it?

:D

Yah I got a few left he can have as well :lol:

Aptasia will eat them though, seen it with my own eyes :lol:

I had them only in one area of a large rock. I thoroughly covered the affected area with epoxy and have been checking daily to see if they are any that escaped. They weren't spreading that fast so I think I got them before it became an issue.

Thanks for the warning on these, any soft coral that encrusts should be treated like it would be a great threat. Are there any encrusting soft corals that wouldn't be an issue? What about the new sympodium? I suppose any coral, hard or soft, left to its own devices would be a problem after a long enough time.

I fear sympodium will be just like any other softy in the family :(

Kinda the reason why I have yet to pick any up :) waiting to see what happens to others first :)

First, it is not like I have a lot of encrusting soft corals, but I do have a small area of green clove coral.
But recently, losing a fight with purple bubble algae.
(Hey, you could try that as a solution. I have plenty, if you want some) >)

But the theory is really to make sure encrusting corals have their own little rock to grow on.
Either standalone, in the sand, or really sticking out like a knob, such that they would have to spread
through a dark zone to get any farther. Plan ahead.

That said, spreading through the water column is rather scary. I had not heard about that.
And I was thinking of getting some blue ones. Hmmm.
Ehh, might anyway. The bubble algae will take care of the stragglers.

Man, I remember when people paid big bucks for this coral:
http://www.reefready.net/add.php?ct=collector&name=Blue%20Snowflake%20Cloves%20small&id=347&page=11

Now people want to get rid of them. I like them because they add a nice blue color to the purples, green, and reds of coralline algea.

patrickb said:
Man, I remember when people paid big bucks for this coral:
http://www.reefready.net/add.php?ct=collector&name=Blue%20Snowflake%20Cloves%20small&id=347&page=11

Now people want to get rid of them. I like them because they add a nice blue color to the purples, green, and reds of coralline algea.

HA even back then I said it was a plague but did people listen... nooooo :lol:

hehe...

I remember my very first BAR swap... (the first one as BAR??) at Tropical Paradise where they were fragged on the spot, I was tickled pink to get some brown palythoas. Although I was quite the noob at the time, I remember Andy looked at me funny and just gave me the whole colony. I still have some of those SOBs haunting me in my tanks!

You can make a lot of money from those. :bigsmile:

72_26_08_10_11_37_50.jpg

xinumaster said:
Actually, there is something wrong with that site. Everything they have is price at $999.99 0:)

Buried in the website is a notice they do not use the website for commerce any longer :)

I have some blues that i started on my overflow. they have spread but only on to one rock that was touching the acrylic... I hope they don't spread anywhere else! I am going to pull the small rock they got on and get rid of it. I really do like them on the overflow. However the thought og them spreading through the water colomn is the kind of stuff that gives me nightmares!!!

Back