got ethical husbandry?

I need a camera

Any suggestions? I want to spend less than $200.... Yeah I know it's gonna be a piece of crap, but anything is better than what I have right now, plus I live a modest lifestyle, and after buying a new vehicle I don't have much money left :-

I'm looking for something easy to use, that has a decent macro, and can take FTS and full pics of setups as well.

It could be new or used I'm not picky, I don't know a thing about cameras, so again anything is better than what I have now ;)

I bought my wife a <$200 canon SD1100 from newegg for her b-day last month. She really loves it. It takes pretty good pics for what it is. I'm not sure of it's macro capabilities, but I can play with it and find out.

The color model I ordered (blue) came with free shipping, free 1gb mem, and a free case.

Jeremy you may want to look at this olympus line. You can take shots under water. They have a lot of other cameras in that line. People seem to like them a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Stylus-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B0011E67UG/ref=pd_cp_e_1?pf_rd_p=413862901&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0011E87QI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YK554163GR77MHMCZJ4

People on RC seem to like those cameras. There is even a long thread about them, I just can't find it right now. People are getting some great macros with it.

Hmm looked at that thread, pretty impressive shots, however the technical details of that model 1030SW, mentions you the focus range of about 50cm (about 20 inches) I'm curious how he got such nice shots though... Definitely will have to keep my eye on something like this when I go back to hawaii, hell an underwater case for my camera would cost more than this camera.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4911.msg60856#msg60856 date=1224977380]
OK well I ordered the Stylus 850sw, hopefully now I'll be able to take some decent shots of my tank, maybe a few of my customers too!
[/quote]

Cool let me know how you like it.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4911.msg60862#msg60862 date=1224979277]
Well you can take shots from above the tank without worry of it falling or water splashing on it now :D

[/quote]

It's tuberider proof!

Mebbie I'll try to get a shot while I'm getting barreled.....

I finally got it, I don't know what I'm doing, but snapped a few shots anyway just for fun.

275g FOWLR one of my newer tanks ~8 mos old

Marc.jpg

300g Used to be reef, but client refused to put a chiller on a few years ago and you know how that goes....

Steven.jpg

My shrimp, it's an LE WTF

srimp.jpg

I'm going to read the instructions now :D

[quote author=iani link=topic=4911.msg62499#msg62499 date=1225851580]
Where are the underwater shots?
[/quote]

I wanna figure out how to use it before I go sticking it in the water

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4911.msg62500#msg62500 date=1225851845]

How the heck do you clean that tall FO tank??
[/quote]

Very carefully :D

Back