High Tide Aquatics

ID - AEFW?

Did a dip and found two little blobs at the bottom of cup. Does this look like AEFW?

Small as pin heads so pic is under microscope...
20-07-19 19:18:44.png

I'll go with the same response, maybe, or maybe some detritus. If they were moving definitely not detritus, but the image seems to be just out of focus

Dunno if it moved. I used a fairly strong melafix dip which renders worms and pods incapacitated.

Saw some questionable spots on the pink lemonade that went RTN decided to dip just in case. Was next to the dbtc blue milli that went RTN last week or so. So was curious if anything might have hopped around.

Had some red spots in them originally but by time the red was gone. Could be detritus. But was curious since I've never seen any aefw in person before.

I'm religious about dipping though admittedly sometimes my melafix solution is less potent.

I've run into AEFW a few times before and haven't seen anything RTN because of it...usually will a trail of circular bit marks and that's usually the giveaway.

I've blased acros before to see them float in containers..and you won't be able to mistaken the adult AEFWs...the smaller ones are way too small to see

never had any flatworms at all in that system other than the two suspects thankfully.

I do have 2 other tanks where some got in. will give it a try!

You didn’t focus your microscope on the actual pests in that photo, the (slide glass?) is the only thing in focus. I can’t tell what that is and I’ve seen a lot in my QT.

Actually , it's the bottom of a solo cup... lol

Unfortunately with free handing the cup and the scope, best i could do on focus...

Now if you want focus on a pest.... how's this? From same dip session
20-07-19 19:31:32.png

Back