Jestersix

IMPORTANT: Please Refrain from Lurking

Lurking? What's that.
2Yqy0QM.gif

Lurking is the act of viewing forums, reading posts, and not posting anything.

This has been on my mind for a long time, and I've been worried. Reef Clubs in central valley, sacramento, stockton,are in dire times now a days. Most of them our losing membership fast. The people that run these clubs are worried the club will die.

As vice president of this club, I'll try to keep things interesting, grow-out contests, frag swaps, events, but it's partly up to you guys too.

If you see something interesting, post about it.

If someone posts a thread, don't just read it and close the window. POST. That person is either sharing information FOR YOU or wants YOUR input. When I update my tank journal, I dont do it for myself. I do it for you guys. If you like what you see, post something. If people take their time to start a thread, and no one replies, what happens?

So please please try to avoid lurking. It's completely normal I get it. I do it all the time on big forums.

Too much lurking = inactive forum = dead forum = dead club.

Last edited:
Thanks Dick F! Ill try to make it to your event.

We all do it, its normal but too much is bad. Im sure theres been times where 30 people were online thinking "where's the new content"

I've been called many things before, but "lurker" ... that's a new one.
"sticks and stones may break my bones, but names don't hurt me".:p

We're just getting our 40BR up and running in Boston, but I'll probably be more active once that's running. I've been trying to post things both here and in the Boston club (BRS).

Back