Neptune Aquatics

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 build

The owner of my company is really into diving and has two beautiful reef tanks in the office. After some encouraging and nudging, I've decided to setup a nano reef at the office using pieces from my old setups.

I picked up a IM Fusion 10 tank during the fall sale on marine depot. Inventory list so far is:

-1st gen MP10
-Kessil A150w
-JBJ ATO
-diy media rack
-stock return pump

Still need to pick up a controller, heater, and IM desktop skimmer.

Attachments

• IMG_7540.JPG
    IMG_7540.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 553
NIce little tank. I just set one up as well. Running it with the MP10 and a Kessil 160. I keep the MP10 on a minimum setting -- its all that's needed. Also not using a skimmer on this tank.

What are you going to stock it with?

I haven't decided on fish, though it'll probably be a clownfish. As far as corals go, it'll be mostly softies and other hardy corals that will get fragged out of the main office tank.

Attached is a recent photo of the main tank. its been edited and pieced together from multiple photos to get the colors as close to real life as possible.
IMG_7545.JPG

Last edited:
here's pics of a stand i made at work today. frame is made from unistrut and top is a piece of plywood we has laying around. i sanded the plywood and stained it and will post some pictures of it next week. i plan on adding a shelf and back wall to mount all my equipment too.

IMG_7543.JPG.jpeg
IMG_7544.JPG.jpeg

IMG_7610.JPG
Stand had been finished and I added rock, sand, and water.

Still need to setup the reefkeeper and ATO. I might skip the ATO since there's not a whole lot of room back there for the float valves.

Looks good to me will be following along. Do you have pics of diy media rack

Here's a pic of the media rack. It's a pretty crude diy project I did years back for my nuvo 16 tank. There's 2 egg crate shelves, little egg crate handle on top, and sliding removable wall.

I might go back and redo it now that I have access to decent tools.
IMG_7616.JPG

Welcome back monkey biz!!! Gorgeous set up hope your tank turns out amazing!

Thanks! Glad to be back in the hobby.

Added my RKL. I'm a little worried because tank temp was at 72 this morning and the heater was not on. I turned on the heater port through settings and then switched back to auto mode. Heater port is on now but I'm going to have to keep an eye on it to make sure it's turning on and off correctly.
IMG_7613.JPG

Funny: I was looking at the stand, and the lack of shear support, and getting a bit worried.
But then seeing it with the tank on top, and the relative size....
Serious overkill. Love it!

Yup, stand is definitely overbuilt, especially considering most store bought stands for smaller tanks are made out of particle board or mdf. This stand is probably sturdy enough to support the weight of an 80+ gallon tank.

Now the exciting part, waiting for the tank to cycle...

IMG_7642.JPG

Having a small diatom bloom... the joys of waiting for cycling. Everything has been running pretty smoothly with the RKL ever since I got the whole heater control figured out. Evaporation is the largest challenge right now. I do have a JBJ ATO in place, but don't have a pump to run it yet. Went to Harbor Freight to pick up one of their submersible 158gph pumps but they were sold out.

I need a ato my tank Evaps alot

Mine too. Way more than o was expecting. I keep the tank temp at 75.5 and it's in a temp controlled room, but I feel like I'm having to put 10-12oz a day or more. Luckily we have 2 different RODI filters in our office. So I just walk over and fill up a cup when I get in to the office and another cup when I leave

Back