Cali Kid Corals

Is this dead ?

Dead?

Attachments

• ED06ABFE-7A90-4749-B98F-B78FF2627E29.jpeg
    ED06ABFE-7A90-4749-B98F-B78FF2627E29.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 185
Is that from the batch of pink Birdsnest I sent down south?

yes.....

Yes I was passed 2 pieces thanks to @Adit0 generosity. Here is a picture. I personally don’t think it’s doing so hot. For some reason birdsnests I haven’t had the luck with. I keep asking what I’m doing wrong and everyone says “ eh that’s coral if it were easy to keep everyone would be doing it “

what concerns me is there are some white spots. Kind of hard to see in the pictures, however where the light “glares” that is all white.

No. Just either pissed, acclimation or too much current. It looks like regular birds nest without PE thats all.

What’s the ideal location in the tank. One person told me lots light up high. Another person said low in the tank for low light. Which is it ?

As for flow what is the suggested pattern/turbulence ?

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This came from my tank high up, PAR probably 300-400 or so. Moderate to high flow. But birdsnest is very forgiving to different situations. It doesn’t need those parameters to thrive. Just needs a few weeks or so to settle in and acclimate to your tank.

This came from my tank high up, PAR probably 300-400 or so. Moderate to high flow. But birdsnest is very forgiving to different situations. It doesn’t need those parameters to thrive. Just needs a few weeks or so to settle in and acclimate to your tank.

okay I’ll just be patient. I ask these questions to be “proactive”. Do not want to kill it.

Reactions: JVU
Who are these people you are asking lol? Birds nest is pretty much the easiest sps to keep. Usually at least 200 par. Up to 400.
usually try to get it close to what it had where it came from. Lots of flow, not directly on it.
stable alk around 8.

Back