High Tide Aquatics

Is this really a Bartlett?

It looks like it MIGHT be a P. bartlettorum, but my instinct says it isn't.
I'd be interested to know what species of Anthia this is as well; very beautiful!

Guess it wasn't a Divers Den fish then as you can count on DD ID's. Normal LA fish are straight from the wholesalers so the ID you are counting on it from a picker who may not know the difference.

GreshamH said:
Guess it wasn't a Divers Den fish then as you can count on DD ID's. Normal LA fish are straight from the wholesalers so the ID you are counting on it from a picker who may not know the difference.
Yeah it wasn't DD. But funny thing, she looked kind of like a bartlett when she first arrived. The other one I have is definitely bartlett. I should just get a bunch of juvi anthias that are all different.

Carberry Anthias?
C4FD61490EBB4079866F13875240F548N.jpg

Though all other pictures don't look like it.

Evansi?

p-69872-Evansi.jpg

Just going by pictures, it looks closer to the evansi, but the colors are still off. Top fin of the original pic is purple, and the yellow on the bottom part of the tail doesn't connect to the top. Eye color and body shape look a little off also, this is kind of fun :p

Erick said:
Just going by pictures, it looks closer to the evansi, but the colors are still off. Top fin of the original pic is purple, and the yellow on the bottom part of the tail doesn't connect to the top. Eye color and body shape look a little off also, this is kind of fun :p

You can't go on color alone with anthias due to region color variation ;) A dispar in one region could be red while in another pink, etc etc

I just saw a few pictures of juvenile evansi's and I'm 100% positive that that is one. Looks just like the one in the pics I saw. Same colors and everything. :)

It's not a P. evansi. They always have a yellow back that is contiguous with the bottom half of the caudal fin. They also don't have such a red dorsal fin. Sometimes it can have a pinkish hue but it's almost always solid yellow.

Back