Jestersix

Is this worth $800 ?

Twisted

Supporting Member

Newjack

Supporting Member
he doesn’t mention the equipment. I’d have to know the equipment that comes with it before i commit to anything.

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
I personally can't see $1000 worth of value there, the zoas may be some rare ones that are very high $pp but other than that I don't see it.

RandyC

Supporting Member
The money would be here if that’s an Aussie Gold Torch. Can’t tell from the horrible picture. Would also matter how many heads...looks potentially like two.

A915F46C-D540-489D-8521-A863DB3163DC.png

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
See you're talking retail price though. When someone is dumping their stuff retail is never the way to price because if you're willing to pay retail, why not go retail and then you're not left holding a bunch of other stuff you don't want as chopping up big deals into smaller ones can always be stressful. But for sake of argument lets say that's a $500 torch, you willing to pay $500 for that? You expecting to get it a bit cheaper because you're bundling everything together? What if someone else was interested in that torch too? I mean heck as we speak someone might be trying to barter with him on the deal because they want the first pick of stuff and they'll end up trying to sell the rest after.

That said I agree with what was said, looks like a bunch of frags. Ironically the torches are the only thing that may have grown out to more than one head, perhaps that hammer too, but again I don't get coral pricing.

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
Yeah that's the problem with group buy, how to divy up the "loot", and how much should each "share" be worth. For instance if everyone puts in an equal amount then whomever gets that "maybe an aussie gold torch" is going to benefit more than others. I mean hell I wouldn't mind some of the soft corals, but I'm not willing to pay retail for them and if that is "maybe an aussie gold torch" then not going to pay an equal amount for them :D

Or you assume 100% of the risk, buy it yourself, then try to sell off what you don't want, some members here are good at doing that :)

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I honestly do not see $1k worth...coral is regulated and small size, live rocks usually not worth much and should be treated as dry rocks cost wise at the most...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RandyC

Supporting Member
Aussie gold torches are going for $400/head on r2r. Aussie golds are going for that or more at LFS. So if that torch is two headed, the money is there.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Aussie gold torches are going for $400/head on r2r. Aussie golds are going for that or more at LFS. So if that torch is two headed, the money is there.
Agreed, This is if you value these torches at such price point...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: