Neptune Aquatics

Isn't this a beautiful thing? Tank is coming along

How do you like the kh director?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I am liking it very much so far. In my case, I purposely chose the KH Director because it is directly connected with the GHL Dosers. The dosers are set up to dose my Triton Core7 4 part. I intentionally didn't want to put all my eggs in to my Apex for redundancy purposes. Plus the # of dosing pumps per sq in. (and $) of physical real estate (vs. apex) is much better. I am only cycling my tank right now so it is really hard to judge reality until there are animals in the tank and I am able to track consumption, etc. It also frees up my Reefbot to do other tests.

I am liking it very much so far. In my case, I purposely chose the KH Director because it is directly connected with the GHL Dosers. The dosers are set up to dose my Triton Core7 4 part. I intentionally didn't want to put all my eggs in to my Apex for redundancy purposes. Plus the # of dosing pumps per sq in. (and $) of physical real estate (vs. apex) is much better. I am only cycling my tank right now so it is really hard to judge reality until there are animals in the tank and I am able to track consumption, etc. It also frees up my Reefbot to do other tests.
Very nice. I have the khg also love it,but always wanted to try the director because I know ghl dosers. They are incredible...
Thanks for sharing I will follow up with your build

I have khg on the way. Glad to see another happy user [emoji106]

Did you take khg offline or running at same time? Would be interesting to see how the test results compare from same tank with khd and reef bot.

Did you take khg offline or running at same time? Would be interesting to see how the test results compare from same tank with khd and reef bot.
Been using it for 2.5 years now. Added 2nd last year both are aweomse.
Where you getting it from? Am guessing coral vue.
Make sure you have the latest mixing chamber that have acc motor v2 and the new float.
Let me know if you will need help after you get it. I can help you.

Last edited:
Have you tried it it? How is it?

Oh ya...it is great. I am testing Nitrite/Nitrate, Phosphate and calcium right now. Only thing is that it takes a while for some of the tests to complete. Didn't take long to get it running.

Just hit the test request and it will send you a note when the test is done with the results. I am using the Fauna Marine for the nitrites/nitrates and it is consistently higher than the Red Sea I am doing by hand. Not sure which test is right :). LOL. I don't have any reagent at the moment to do the Fauna Marine by hand to compare.

I think all tests have wait times for the reactions to take place. Could that be why they take a while or is it even more than that?

I think all tests have wait times for the reactions to take place. Could that be why they take a while or is it even more than that?

No..it is longer. I thought it was stuck for the first test. The nitrate test takes about 30-40 minutes. The full cycle takes a while. It cleans everything 3 x before actually running the test. Then it puts each reagent in based on the water volume. For Nitrate, it goes to reagent A 3x I think...2 full fills of the syringe and then a slight amount for the 3rd time. Then stirs, then to the next reagent and so on. It has to wait for the stirring, and then it reads the color. Phosphate is less but Calcium takes a while because it is titrating. For Calcium, it is 45 minutes I think.

Btw I did not understand your question about running offline...

Back