Our mission

ISO a used protein skimmer.

yngplo

Supporting Member
I used to have a CPR bakpak on the back of my old AIO system. I currently have a 50 gallon aquarium with a 20 gallon sump. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look for a protein skimmer? What brand do you folks like using? I'm hoping to get something as silent as possible.

Aquatic collection sells the simplicity skimmers that are reasonably quiet and work pretty well imo.

I agree, I have the simplicity 120 DC in my RSR 170 which is a somewhat similar volume. It works great and the dc pump is pretty quiet, it’s louder than my return but nothing terrible. Some users are also selling higher end skimmers are a pretty good discount if you don’t mind going used

I have a used SN143 MONZTER MINI PROTEIN SKIMMER if you are interested. Not sure if you're looking for something smaller.

what are the details on your skimmer?
I was using it on my 93g with a light-medium bioload.

Skimmer Specifications
  • Footprint: 7 9/16" x 7 7/8"
  • Total Height: 19 1/2"
  • Body Diameter: 5 1/2"
  • DC Controlabble Pump
  • Air Intake: 240 – 660 L/h
  • Total Watts: 9 – 18W
  • Operating Depth: 7" to 9.5"

I used to have a CPR bakpak on the back of my old AIO system. I currently have a 50 gallon aquarium with a 20 gallon sump. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to look for a protein skimmer? What brand do you folks like using? I'm hoping to get something as silent as possible.
This post seems fine for the equipment forum, but if you are trying to buy something from club members you should consider becoming a supporting member and use the buy sell trade forum please.

Back