Our mission

Jawbreakers grow soooooo slow

I originally bought my jawbreaker shroom from neptunes around ~9 or so months ago, slightly bigger than half dime size. Now it's about 3/4 nickel size, maybe slightly bigger, and I see 2 red specks. Yay! Side note, anyone know the best way to get bleached shrooms to color back up? Bought some orange rhodactis that were almost pure white from all about fish, maybe 8 nickel size for $40. I felt like it was a good deal. It's been about 2 months, and I feel like maybe they have about 10% of their total color back. They are sitting in low light, I dunno, maybe 30 par? Should I put them in more light, less light, do anything special? Thanks guys!

I originally bought my jawbreaker shroom from neptunes around ~9 or so months ago, slightly bigger than half dime size. Now it's about 3/4 nickel size, maybe slightly bigger, and I see 2 red specks. Yay! Side note, anyone know the best way to get bleached shrooms to color back up? Bought some orange rhodactis that were almost pure white from all about fish, maybe 8 nickel size for $40. I felt like it was a good deal. It's been about 2 months, and I feel like maybe they have about 10% of their total color back. They are sitting in low light, I dunno, maybe 30 par? Should I put them in more light, less light, do anything special? Thanks guys!
I've seen mostly white shrooms with orange fringe for sale at lfs's. It may be its normal color.

Here's a pic with my iPhone lol. Turned blues off so there would be slightly better clarity. They look slightly better in person, but not much. The main shroom in the pic is developing nice dot patterning in the middle, while the one to the left with the Orange rim, the edge of the skin seems to be turning blue, like some other rhodactis that I've seen. I'm pretty sure these are bleached, but either way, I can't wait for them to color back up. If they are supposed to be this white, then that's cool too I guess

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 261
Also, I had some "watermelon" rhodactis that's I also bought bleached, but not nearly as bad. They were light green with pink dots. I fed them pellets, and they colored up to a solid dark green with no pink in about 1-1/2 months. I tried to feed one of the Orange ones a pellet, and it just melted, so I stopped trying to do that with those

I think too much light. My green ones were under MH at the store, I would guess close to 200 par. These orange ones from all about fish, I'm not sure. They were in the "quarantine/new arrival" area, and I asked, I think he was the owner, if they were for sale. He was very reluctant, because he thought he could have sold them for a lot more if they colored back up ( I'm sure he could have), but he finally sold them to me. I thought " sweet, I like good deals, and i already have other shrooms coloring back up, this will be as easy". But now they seem to be giving me trouble. The good thing is, they expand well and they aren't getting worse

Back