Jestersix

Jebao DP-3

I'm currently manually dosing 10ml/day of B-ionic and it's a PITA. The DP-3 only costs $59 to the door from Amazon. What are your thoughts on this one? I figure I will need to start dosing magnesium as well as my corals collection grows...

Jebao is almost universally known as "Cheap Chinese made aquarium gear that really skirts that line with patent infringement" however a lot of people use it because it is literally cheap, why buy a $500 Tunze pump when you can get an $90 pump that does similar things, and if it breaks in a year, who cares you replace it and assuming the Tunze pump is bullet proof it'll take 5.5 years before you end up paying more, plus it gives you the flexibility of changing later... I had that mindset with Vortech pumps because it seemed every pump I had would need the wetside impeller changed, the magnet change, or the power supply changed, at least something on a once a year or two basis, and Ecotech isn't exactly known for selling rebranded stuff for cheap... oh no their $25 PSU is going to cost you $50, they're a company not a charity. And I got to the point of being done with them, since I was of the mindset that a $350 pump shouldn't need replacement parts like... EVER, so my $350 pump because a $400 pump became a $450 pump became a ... and it was like WTF. Now granted their QD wetsides seem to have fixed some of the issues with reliability and longevity, so I MAY go back... but part of it was definitely feeling like they were using me as a beta tester while they fixed their shit.

That said, I think I have a DP-4 I could sell you for $59 if you want, bought it with the intent to use, stuck it in the closet right around the time I ended the longest temporary tank in history.

I am in the same quandary with respect to name brand and bargains. This is a tough hobby to do on a budget! I need Santa to bring me a Neptune APEX EL and the DOS. That's all I need. And this lamp, I need this, but that's all. Wait, and this paddle ball game, yes, paddle ball game, lamp, and the Apex EL and DOS.

Yeah watch this forum 24/7 and set alarm if there’s anything free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which in itself is a real cost. So still not cheap, just paying more in time, attention, and travel to get the good monetary deals.

Back