High Tide Aquatics

Just a heads up guys...Great sale at Fraghousecorals.com

Decent prices. Just be aware that the photos are taken under blue lights with a filter so it's best to take a look at what the mother colonies look like in others' pictures.

Decent prices. Just be aware that the photos are taken under blue lights with a filter so it's best to take a look at what the mother colonies look like in others' pictures.
Isn't that the status quo for selling corals online with most places?

I do find a bit of humor of how the term WYSIWYG is twisted in this way though :D

I do find a bit of humor of how the term WYSIWYG is twisted in this way though :D
Yes for sure. Reality is these corals will change colors and do what they will do in your own tank. Some will grow and some won't for whatever the reason. What I find astounding is the general cost of corals, and the sizes, compared to years ago...we have heard this discussion a bunch of times.

All of the vendors show the colors with the blue lights and often photoshopped to get the colors to sing...I don't usually look at my tank in blue lights though LOL. The colors will be what they will be as far as I am concerned...I just don't want to pay the crazy prices for something that is a nub on a disk. LOL. >$50 is a rip off as far as I am concerned...and am guilty as charged for some of my corals...but for the most part I have kept it under $50 each.

I bought a bunch and will see how they do :). I just looked at some pics of my tank from last year...and didn't realize how much growth I actually had after a year....I still think it is very little....but I was even surprised LOL. Patience and tolerance the what this hobby is about.. LOL.

Well hopefully they do well, and look good in your tank whatever it was you got.

But yeah, you stare at something every day it doesn't seem to grow much, then you look at old photos and sometime gets astounded, that's the main reason I would take pictures of my coral just easier to trust that then my memory on something.

Yes, for most places, but not always. Battlecorals and Copps are a couple of the exceptions that I can think of. Other than BC, Copps doesn't sell corals much or in limited supply, but they do tend to shoot their pictures under whiter lights versus tweaking their lights for "photo mode". I have yet to get a coral from either of them where they do not show up as in the picture or better than as in the picture.

The size of the frags on the other hand, as mentioned, is getting smaller and smaller. Heck, take a look at the ORA pieces. They used to be chunky relative to the thin and tiny sticks that they've been shipping out. That also applies to their tiny fish relative to the past.

Back