Jestersix

Just arrived on my doorstep

Now I want to attempt to id all of my corals. Man, some of these things are really hard to tell apart. Hours ans hours of reef geeky enjoyment.

Good luck Bryan, Identifying captive raised corals is almost impossible. To many variations of growth. Many of our corals have been moved more that once which would also alter their growth patterns.

But....I have done the same :D

You like em, but only use them as a general guide as Mark hinted at.

Now you'll need to move onto even bigger and better books, like Cardon's "Staghorn Corals of the World" which is the end all be all acro ID book :) Sorry very few color plates in it as color/flesh many squat when ID'ing coral, ditto on growth patterns. It's all in the coralite baby!!!

Why GOOGLE of course. Don't fear search engines, they are there to help you :p

:lol:

I use Amazon for any scientific book for the most part. Mine was shipped from the UK. It's from Australia though (printed and bound there)

"Staghorn Corals of the World: A revision of the genus Acropora" by Carden Wallace
Published by CSIRO
ISBN# 0 643 06391 9

I found one on the publishers website. There is a CD rom too.

Do you know if they are the same or are they two different things? It looks like they are compliments to each other.

http://www.publish.csiro.au/pid/2187.htm

http://www.publish.csiro.au/pid/2188.htm

Usually the CDrom comes with it. Mine didn't. Same thing though

hmm, the publisher site makes is sem like it is something additive and not the same thing. I am going to send them an email and see what I find out. Ausssie $ convert out much cheaper then British pounds.

Any other must have books for an acro collector?

No conversion needed on amazon. I paid less then your going to. The CDRom no longer comes with the book. I should have said in the past it came with the book.

stupid whipper snappers, geesh :(

Roll your chair on over here Bryan, we'll talk about walking to school up hill both ways with no feet, in the snow!

Back