Neptune Aquatics

Keep Veggies Longer, Fresher

Many moons ago, I won a bag of rotifers, donated by Randy Reed. The "breathing" plastic bag packaging intrigued me. Imagine, a water tight bag that lets CO2 out, and O2 in! Then one day I had a eureka moment: I bet veggies will stay fresh longer if stored in the fridge using these bags. So, I ordered a few of these breathing bags from Kordon, LLC (http://www.novalek.com/kordon/breathing_bags/index.htm) and shared some with friends. We all reached the same conclusion. It works! Dunno why, maybe it lets ethylene gas out.

These bags are pretty inexpensive, at least compared to the ones sold by QVC or late night TV infomercials. Kordon's in Hayward, you know, that city we've never visited in the East Bay. Hey, maybe someone with some clout with Kordon can help us with a group buy. Hmmm, Gresham?

Awesome Jim thanks for the tip, my g/f and I have about 245-250 between us soaking wet, so buying produce many times is buying some produce, and buying some compost :D

From my understanding for those bags to work it needs water on one side of the bag and air on the other. I've used them many, many times before in shipping of freshwater shrimp. They work well for that purpose. Not sure how they would do air to air. I don't think they would work b/c they strongly suggest not double bagging with these bags(even if there was a bit of air between bags). I know they don't work water to water, b/c they do not recommend placing the bag in the aquarium to do temperature acclimation.

Back