Our mission

LE Pumkin Patch Chalice

Going to put this into DBTC. Please dont sell this coral. Put the frags back into dbtc or use to trade for other corals of same quality and put those into dbtc as well. If something happens to mine Id like to be able to get a frag back. For first generation must be good with lps and have a mature tank.

The peice I have has more than six eyes. Im going to the next meeting to get help fragging it, maybe there can be two frags made. Maybe im doing this wrong am I suppose to wait?

ahh ok sorry, did the same with my frogspawn. So ill wait for the second frag. Only thing is dont really know who is qualified, just assumed if you respond that you are because I put in my post to please be good with lps and have a ready tank. Tommorrow ill decide who gets second frag, as for drdolittle, he is going to get one as I already said yes to him. you must either attend the bod meeting to get this frag or come to my house in Salinas.

drdolittle/ed is qualified. Don't worry about that. One thing to note is that when fragging chalices like this (expensive chalices/small frags), there is a greater chance that frags will be lost. Last time I fragged this specific chalice up I lost 1 whole frag and 3 other frags receded halfway out of 6 frags.

You as the giver of a coral... FOR FREE :D... get to make all the rules, if it's first come first serve, it's your prerogative and no one should tell you "you're doing it wrong".

However as far as finding out if someone is "qualified" well that can be a whole other matter, maybe ask what their tank is like, how long has it been up, have they kept that type of coral, etc, and hope for honest answers. There are certain members I would think would not be qualified, however that goes with being in the club a while and reading what people have said they're doing and keeping a mental track on it, i.e. if someone said they just set up a tank, I probably wouldn't consider them qualified. Those sorts of things.

That is why I dont want to try it alone for my first time fragging a chalice. I really want to get it into dbtc in case anything ever happens to my tank, im not the most seasoned veteren but do try hard. Im sure im going to make mistakes ( like my Salinity one ) and am hoping just to make sure if I lose this peice there is a chance to get it back. So ima take the chance and if I lose the entire peice at least I knew up front it was difficult and sensitive chalice.

Sorry guys I didn't mean that Ed isn't qualified if that's what you think :)... I just saying that you don't have to give it to the first or second person who post. It's your coral. You can do whatever you like. But some people will jump on nice/expensive coral doesn't matter if they can care for them or not. Hey it's "free" I want it kinda thing. I'm sure you would like your coral to go to the best tank/person possible ;) .. With that said, everyone who post on this thread is qualified. Well everyone but me LOL ..

The chalice has grown from eight to about 16 eyes and is growing off the plug. Ed is going to help me with his dremel to frag it at the swap. Im thinking we can get an extra frag if anyone is interested spsphysics maybe?

I haven't used it yet, but I picked up one of those nifty wet/dry band saws that Ian introduced me to. I forget if you lived anywhere near me, but if you are in the Livermore area, let me know and you are welcome to use it :)

http://www.inlandlapidary.com/singleproduct.asp?search=Lapidary+Saws&partnum=91030

I can be purchased at different locations for varying prices. I think there is a lapidary place in the SJ area that may even carry it.

Back