Reef nutrition

LF: Aiptasia

JVU

President
BOD
I’m looking for Aiptasia to feed my Berghia breeding colony. I have tanks to grow Aiptasia, but they aren’t keeping up with the little chompers.

I need a lot of Aiptasia, not just a couple. I can’t put rocks into the Aiptasia or Berghia tanks, so I need Aiptasia that are either detached (like scraped off the glass or on sand) or easily detached (like on a smooth rock or macroalgae).

Please PM me if you can collect them, and I’ll come pick them up. Thanks!

i have a bunch in my sump. im planning on cleaning my sump tomorrow - if i am not lazy. ill pick them off for you and put it in a container.

Reactions: JVU
Just scraped some brown, sting-ey gold from the back of my AIO. I assume you’d like more than this, but if you happen to swing SF, I’m happy to hold off adding a little bleach before dumping these in the toilet.
333A0B96-3E0D-4AE2-939A-6E12CAE3599E.jpeg

Huge thanks to @Corallus and @boun11 for collecting and giving me their Aiptasia!

I could always use more. If anyone is going to be doing some Spring cleaning please save them for me and let me know.

If you planning to really raise these guys, you want to setup a dedicated tank just for raising Aiptasia. There’s always a huge demand for these in the area!

BTW...I have some old acrylic 48x24x12 frag flats leftover from the old shop I am not using if you want them to make Aiptasia farm. Free.

If you planning to really raise these guys, you want to setup a dedicated tank just for raising Aiptasia. There’s always a huge demand for these in the area!

BTW...I have some old acrylic 48x24x12 frag flats leftover from the old shop I am not using if you want them to make Aiptasia farm. Free.
Yeah I do have 2 20g tanks already dedicated to growing Aiptasia which I thought would be enough, but still not enough to keep up with the Berghia appetites somehow. Even with a small breeding population.

I should take you up on the generous offer for the frag flats… but I have to figure out where that would go and if I could get permission :)

Yeah I do have 2 20g tanks already dedicated to growing Aiptasia which I thought would be enough, but still not enough to keep up with the Berghia appetites somehow. Even with a small breeding population.

I should take you up on the generous offer for the frag flats… but I have to figure out where that would go and if I could get permission :)
Those 20g’s definitely won’t be enough. Back when I first took over Neptune , I had 96x24x30 tank that had couple thousands of Aiptasia so when I threw in about 20 Bhergia, they decimated the entire Aiptasia population in under a month! Those guys can really eat when you don’t control their meal...lol

Reactions: JVU

Are those arcylic? If JVU gets vetoed, I’m interested pick them up.

Back