Neptune Aquatics

Live mysis shrimp? :(

I'm having a heck of a time finding live mysis for my newly hatched dwarf cuttlefish. I've got them feeding on wild caught amphipods but they are having a hard time hunting them down and securing them and I'd rather get them some mysis. Anyone know of a place that I can order from that wont absolutely crush me on cost and shipping?

There are very few sources. You can buy wild collected and chance getting nasties or you can buy from us (www.Reed-store.com). They are not cheap as it's no small feat to culture them on a large scale. This is why we don't touch them and drop ship them from the only two places that produce them in mass. We make very little money on them when it is all said and done so you can imagine what our cost must be :)

FWIW most our go to public aquariums who buy a ton at a time and don't care as much about the price of shipping. I wish we could do them in house but I'm afraid that would consume far too much time for our zooplankton team and the return wouldn't justify the time spent :(

Back