Neptune Aquatics

Livestock sale at New Alameda this weekend (9-22-2006)

All centropyge dwarf angels-$20.00
Coral beauties (both purplish and orangeish)
Lemon angels
Pacific pygmies (c. argus, iirc)
Half-blacks (c.vrolicki)
Also $20.00 for genicanthus angels
Lamarcks
Swallowtails

all clowns below $15.00
Clarkiis
ocellaris (please don't say the "N" word!)
maroons of all stripes

Naso tangs $24.99
Sailfin tangs $14.99 (many different sizes)
Scopas tangs $12.99
Baby hippo tangs (1", been feeding sea veggies 3X/day plus constant algae grazing, now fat and ready to travel, please don't say the "D" word!) 2 available at $16.99

Purple head wrasse (4.5") $19.99
Cleaner wrasses $8.99
Hawaiian 12 line wrasse $20.00

All damsels except the new Hawaiian Vanderbilts, $1.99 each. At least 6 species including green chromis.

Pajama cardinals or black cardinals $5.00

Flaming prawn gobies (beautiful color and finnage) $14.99 each or 3 for $35.00

Of course all fish are clean and healthy, please ask to see them feed before making your selection.

We also have the original Matt Schmuck green nepthea from the old days of BARE, 1.5" unmounted frags $20.00. You can also reserve frags mounted on your choice of frag plugs or rubble for $25.00. This is the greenest nepthea strain I've yet found.

Sm. chili coral $10.00, Lg. $16.00
Feather dusters $9.00, 3 for $25.00
orange Carribean gorgonia $24.00
peppermint shrimp $5.00
Anemone crabs $6.00
Purple pincushion urchins $6.00
Harlequin shrimp w/ choc. chip star $20.00
Banded coral shrimp $12.00
red tiger pistol shrimp $10.00

Green Yumas $10.00 per polyp
Gold Yumas $15.00 per polyp
Tricolor Yumas $20.00 per polyp
Rhodactis Carlgreni $10.00 per polyp
Ricordia floridae tricolor (mostly orange) $16.99
Many other shroom rocks at $10.00 to $20.00 depending on size/rarity.
Superman rhodactis, Tongan purple bullseye, lavendar frilly, orange rhodactis, blue pinwheel, etc... As well as some color morphs I've never seen before, ask me to point them out.

Many $10.00 frags including favias, shrooms, sm. green mumps, sm. green spaghetti leathers and of course, the everpresent anthelia glaucum.

Sm. monti spongodes frags, med. monti digitata frags (3 colors), med monti hirsuta frags or med birdsnest frags (2 types including seriatopora guttata, yellowish w/ bluish polyps, not fully colored) any one for $15.00 or 4 frags for $50.00

Any/all chalice, $10.00 per frag (rarer morphs will be smaller frags)
Last call on Acan faviaformis frags till the colony grows out some more.
2 available at $20.00

Instant Ocean 50 gal bags $9.99
Mrs. Wages $4.99

All specials available this weekend only or till sold out.

Last but not least, Roy (racrumrine) grew out a frag of my old tricolor pocillopora strain from 1/2" to half basketball size in less than 2 years (well done Roy!) Roy was kind enough to donate some large pieces to the store and frags are available to club members for the asking. These pieces are from the shaded underside of the colony and so need some coloring up.
Come visit this weekend and mention you're a BAR member to receive any of these special prices. Saturday hours, 11:30 am to 8 pm and Sunday, 11:30 am to 7 pm.

See you there!-Jim

Sweet, I managed to get a piece of that tricolor poci of yours too at the last meeting from another reefer, it looks great although not quite basketball sized yet :)

I was there on Friday evening, and this fish shipment is a particularly primo one. Check out the coral beauty in the 72 bowfront. It has the most amazing color I've ever seen on a CB. Would have gotten it if I didn't already have one.

Jim:

The sale looks really good. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop by this weekend.

Just for clarification, you must mean Roy (Radiolunatic). He has a beautiful SPS tank and has had much better SPS growth rates and success than I have. He's a great and generous guy.

Best of luck,

Roy

Jim:

The sale looks really good. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop by this weekend.

Just for clarification, you must mean Roy (Radiolunatic). He has a beautiful SPS tank and has had much better SPS growth rates and success than I have. He's a great and generous guy.

Best of luck,

Roy

Not around currently. I suspect that the local wholesalers are unwilling to bring in shipments from the Red Sea or Indian Ocean during the summer months. I do have a beautiful 12 line from Hawaii though (Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia) which is eating like a pig (not that there is much question about that with these fish), perfectly clean and hand picked from a local wholesaler. Unfortunately, it's marked at $29.99 since we have to pay so much for Hawaiian fish. That price could go down to $26.99 for a club member who had a good tank for the fish but even at the higher prce, you'd be surprised how little we're making. That's the only problem with HI fish is they're so expensive but if you view it as a pet you'll have for years, the investment in a little extra quality is worth it. I also have a juvenile fusilier (red belly yellow tail fusilier I believe) which is settling in and fattening up quite nicely. Fusiliers are uncommon in local stores but if you ever see a sm. shoal in a lg. tank (they get large) it's quite a show. Next time you're in, let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for the leopard at the various wholesalers for you.-Jim

Just realized this thread and that pocil was grown at my tank. It was the first so called SPS frag in my tank and Jim is the one that suggested me to get that frag at MARS frag swap, as I was a newbie in SPS back then. It is really a nice piece. Since Jim is always believe in sharing within the club and he is doing it, not only preaching, I am happy to donate that to Jim/NAA a large portion of it. I belive in that idea too and hopefully many people will do the same. Just for your info also that I donated a frag for Steinhart Aquarium also last time. So whoever have that pocil, hopefully we will see it at the Aquarium in 2008. If you are into naming thing, we should name it Bookfish pocil .... :)

Mike, the other reefer that you get that frag is also from me last time. We did the trade for your Phoenix Monti Cap. So indeed you get it from the same mother colony.

Roy, thank you for your nice word. The free milli frag that I get from you is growing and I can get it back to you, since you loose the mother colony. I love milli and I have plenty of them.

Raddogz, that 12 lines wrasse is really really nice. If I do not want to add other wrasses, that fish is in my tank already. I am just nervous if they have the same character as the 6 line.

Roy

Dave, will you be at the next meeting. I can get some in SF for you $16.99. Let me know if you need any.

Have you tried siphoning to the sump with a filter sock on the downstream side of the siphon? Good for collecting those pesky remaining shreds of cyano that keep reblooming.

Sorry Dave, I didn't see your post. I'll check our shelves today and reply back. If we're out, it'll be in by Tues. afternoon. And if we aren't already the lowest LFS price, I'll adjust the pricing.-Jim

Great stuff! I just used what I had left, which isn't enough for my ~250 g's, but it's certainly cleaned things up a little. I'll may swing by in the week - or on the way to next weeks meeting - unless you are going yourself??

Back