High Tide Aquatics

local source for a water filter "bladder tank?"

Hi guys, Looks like my bladder tank has a problem. I noticed very low water pressure coming from my storage tank, so I replaced all the pre-filters (maybe a few months before I actually had to) and that didn't solve the problem. The tank was FULL of water, but none would come out. When I pumped it up (to 7-8 psi) it worked a bit, but now a few days later...it stopped. I get maybe half a cup out of the faucet. The tank is very heavy, I'm guessing it's total full of water. So I think there is probably a leak in the bladder.

I can get one online, but shipping is typically 20 bucks or more. Is there a good local source for these things?

Thanks!

Vince

I found even with shipping it was still cheaper to buy online. My local sources wanted 3x what the online places wanted and that is MUCH more then $20.

OK, bought a 6.5 gallon one off ebay. About $65 shipped.

I like the larger capacity as I usually use a 5g water cooler bottle for storing water and a 5g bucket for mixing salt, so I can get it in one shot instead of only half!

Plus, in case of earthquake, as long as the lines don't leak, I'll have 6.5g of fresh water.

The old tank was definitely busted. After I disconnected it, I could no longer even pump up the bladder, and it was HEAVY (ie completely full of water)

V

I paid a little more for my 7g, great deal V :)

Now you have me wanting to check mine to make sure they are actually working. They do go out as you experienced. We have 10x 40g units here where I work but the landlord would kill me if I removed them as they supply his house :lol: I see him changing out units rather often in fact, and I take the old ones for various non water projects.

Heh, I found out that the larger the tank, the more likely it is to overflow your 5g bucket if you don't pay attention! At least the old 4g tank slowed to a trickle before the bucket got filled!

V

Back