Reef nutrition

Lunar Eclipse Zoa's

I have a few frags ready, I dont know a exact name for them but they are very close to lunar eclipse zoas. Maybe a little darker.
Pick up in SF.

Not so much blue. I have some fire and ice Zoas they are almost identical but I really cant see as much blue on these. Could be my lighting, Im running 10k halides on the display tank. There are so many names that are right and wrong its hard to tell people what they are. Guess pictures are the best way!

eldiablosrt8 said:
10k is closer to a sunlight color where 14k is slight blue and 20k is pretty blue... most fish stores will run close to a 20k on there tanks

Does 20000K benefit corals more than a 14000K would? :~

The higher you go in the spectrum =

10000k (All white) Corals grow pretty fast, but the coloring dosnt pop as much.

14000k (White w/some blue) Corals grow a little slower, but the colors start to pop!

20000k (50% white 50% blue) Corals grow much slower, but the colors are awesome!

You can run lower K scale with some kind of supplemental lighting T5's or Atinics

Thats what Im trying to decide on.

Plumstr8 said:
The higher you go in the spectrum =

10000k (All white) Corals grow pretty fast, but the coloring dosnt pop as much.

14000k (White w/some blue) Corals grow a little slower, but the colors start to pop!

20000k (50% white 50% blue) Corals grow much slower, but the colors are awesome!

You can run lower K scale with some kind of supplemental lighting T5's or Atinics

Thats what Im trying to decide on.

Thanks for posting that info.
Now I can make an educated decision on what bulb to get in 6 months when I update my bulb. :)

I was thinking of going that route, Im trying to keep the energy cost down so I didnt want to add more wattage. Like to keep the bill under
a $1000 :D

Plumstr8 said:
I was thinking of going that route, Im trying to keep the energy cost down so I didnt want to add more wattage. Like to keep the bill under
a $1000 :D

Hope that's under $1000.00 Pesos !!

Back