Jestersix

[March 26, 2016] BAR Members Frag Swap

OnlineFlyer.png

We're excited to announce the 2016 BAR Members Frag Swap!

This frag swap is open to BAR Supporting Members only. We plan this event to appreciate the club members. This event will be smaller than our Regional Frag Swap which is a good thing since members will bring their absolute best corals! You will see some familiar faces/usernames

Don't know what a frag swap is? Check this thread out. The members frag swap and regional frag swap are probably my most favorite events out of the entire year. Definitely do not miss this event!
1438465040_location-on-png.3260
Details
  • Room Number: 722
    • Chabot College in Hayward, CA
    • map722.png
  • Schedule
    • 12:30 - 1:00 Register People into the Frag Swap
    • 1:15 - 2:30pm Start Frag Swap

smallinstru-png.3249
Requirements
  • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
    • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesnt have this information.
    • Add extra information if you want to be helpful.
  • Cost
    • FREE for Supporting Members
      • Also free for family/friends to Watch but only members can participate.
  • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
    • (click to enlarge)

smallfood-png.3257
Food / Drinks
  • Free pizza (combination, cheese, pepperoni) + Drinks (Water, Soda, Diet Soda).
  • Potluck items are welcomed!

1437679797_star-png.3252
Bonus Rounds
  • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first two picking rounds of the swap.
  • Once you're done with the bonus rounds, you continue the regular swap.
  • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
  • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
    • The Bonus Coral List can be found here at this link
    • Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
      • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
    • Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
    • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket
  • READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
smallauct.png
Silent Auction
  • There may be a few silent auction items, depending on what raffle items we get.

20437765462_a36ab93447_o.png
Raffle Prizes
0dz1bt6.png

Uranium Bounce Mushroom (from EnderTurtle)

ARMlCLo.png

Pink Boobies Chalice! (from BAR with help from California Reef Co.)

BorbSquare.png

RARE Deepwater Borbonius Anthias (from BAR with help from California Reef Co.)

IAEPtuX.jpg

WHITE - Brand New AI Prime LED Light (from BAR)

This sweet Magnetic Frag Rack from Frag-A-Rack

ujgRTxu.jpg

Complete Reef Nutrition Set (from Reef Nutrition)

image2.jpg

ORA Reef Mouse Pads

SponsorsOnPlugs.png
Premium Corals from Aquatic Collection

CRC_Plug.png
50$ Gift Card to California Reef Co.
25$ Gift Card to California Reef Co.
25$ Gift Card to California Reef Co.
Clean Up Crew Package
Assorted Frag Plugs

Diablo.png

DIABLO CORALS HOODIE + CORALS

Neptunes.png
Premium Corals from Neptune Aquatics

chpTLEo.jpg

Legendary Corals Frag Pack

Want to donate something? Send me a PM.

Check back for Updates! Post if you're excited, don't be a lurker :)

Last edited:
YAY - excited! FYI there are some corals on the ineligible list I would love to acquire frags of: colt, GSP, leather. Just saying'... : )
Please post if you could use volunteers to help out with anything.

I might actually be able to make this! Been super busy with finishing up my PhD (graduating in May), but I would love to come to the frag swap. I hope there are some softie fans besides me, because if I can go, I'll be bringing Tyree neon green toadstools, green nepthea, and frags of blue photosynthetic plating sponge.

I'd need to go buy corals to be able to participate. I've got one torch coral that I could frag, but I'd need two more.
I know last time at the regional swap they had vendors at the there you could by frags from to participate in swap if you didnt bring your own. Of course that was my first and only frag swap so I dont know if having vendors is the norm for member swaps. @Enderturtle Are there going to be vendors at this swap? Also I understand if you still dont have a better answer, but does this announcement mean that the date is set now? Just want to make sure before I request it off:)

There will be no coral vendors but I am asking around for some dry good vendors example: Frag-A-Rack, Jestersix, etc.

Let me confirm again tomorrow on the date before you request it off.

I'm sure you could arrange with aquatic collection to have some frags ready for you on the day of the swap. They are like 10 min away from the swap.

I'm sure you could arrange with aquatic collection to have some frags ready for you on the day of the swap. They are like 10 min away from the swap.
Nice I didnt realize that they were so close, I will definitely have to stop by. How is the store in general, do they have a good variety of livestock?

Back