Cali Kid Corals

Max’s 30 gal

8ABD7633-1AE9-4FD0-9617-E69EEA354BF2.jpeg

I picked up a Nuvo 30L from Neptune yesterday and will slowly get it filled up and then I’ll transfer everything over. I think I’ll be able to use the Xr30 but will no longer use the blue led bars. I also really liked the AP9X when I saw them in person, over every tank at Neptune. (It looks amazing @robert4025) So I may look into switching to that in a few months.

I’m a little concerned about how I’ll scape this since it is a skinny display area of 36x10x13 but I have a lot of Little stacking rocks sitting in a bucket cycling. I have some bigger shapes already and will add to those.

For the acrylic tank I’m hoping I can lower the weir height when it’s drained and then run it with a lower water level. Lower water level will hopefully reduce the bowing, but also stop water from always splashing out. Every with the neros on the bottom, they move enough water to splash and spray water all around the tank
8567AE04-B0B6-434D-B59C-BD9A3D9805A9.jpeg

I picked up a Nuvo 30L from Neptune yesterday and will slowly get it filled up and then I’ll transfer everything over. I think I’ll be able to use the Xr30 but will no longer use the blue led bars. I also really liked the AP9X when I saw them in person, over every tank at Neptune. (It looks amazing @robert4025) So I may look into switching to that in a few months.

I’m a little concerned about how I’ll scape this since it is a skinny display area of 36x10x13 but I have a lot of Little stacking rocks sitting in a bucket cycling. I have some bigger shapes already and will add to those.

For the acrylic tank I’m hoping I can lower the weir height when it’s drained and then run it with a lower water level. Lower water level will hopefully reduce the bowing, but also stop water from always splashing out. Every with the neros on the bottom, they move enough water to splash and spray water all around the tankView attachment 23879
Thats really cool looking tank!

Is 36” wide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I think front glass is 36 long 14 tall. Display goes back 10 inches before the aio chamber walls. Aio area is 4”.

I’m not sure how to light the 36x10 area. Going to do the xr30 to start but am thinking of replacing it with ap9x or 2 separate lights.
I’m leaning kessil cause they don’t seem to spill as much light into the room and it’s right next to my couch/tv.

I actually use the light bar to light my 22g long and looks great, then again I have a daylight which helped to off set two blue light bar.

I actually use the light bar to light my 22g long and looks great, then again I have a daylight which helped to off set two blue light bar.

Yeah that was another idea, I could make something with 8020 to hold 4 bars. The vendor I got mine from off aliexpress will do different nm led so I would do new 36” bars with a mix.

I will probably do that at some point, I’m just unsure if I’d do it for this tank.

Temporary light. Give me the diatoms!

This rock has been in a bucket with flow for a few weeks. I poured some dr Tim’s in and then did 2-3 water changes on the bucket. I don’t know what any of that will do but it’s probably better than putting just dry rock in.

I originally was cycling them in a bucket to add to my other tank but this worked out well now that I have the new tank. I’ll start gluing stuff together soon
E28DD56F-5FE8-462E-8A65-2F517292AEB0.jpeg

Well I’m glad I went with Innovative Marine for the tank. I recently had my IM bio skim skimmer die on me when a snail went into the pump and the pump burned out.
I submitted the claim yesterday and got a quick reply with some questions. And now I’ve just received tracking details and the replacement is on its way. I’m really happy with the experience. Hopefully I won’t have any issues with the tank but it does have a year warranty and it’s nice to know they have good customer support to back it up.

I’m really happy with the new spot for the tank. In this pic you can see where I’ll spend a lot of time sitting. Previously the tank was on the other side of the room away from the couch and I would sit on a stool in front of the tank.
57DC10CF-F238-43D0-AC8E-C7F84C54F354.jpeg

It did not like my manual top off that I did a little bit ago, but I have the first coral in the new tank. A big patch of gsp. I won’t leave it on the big rock but needed to get it higher up since this is a weak light. I have a new light on the way that I’ll set up on Tuesday and then move more over.

I have both powerheads in the tank and they seem to be moving the water well, it should be great once I move the gyre over. Not sure about placement but again I would prefer to keep them on the back wall.

I’m curious what the parameters are of this tank. So far I’ve only been watching salinity and temp. I’ll test and see if I’ll need to take water from the other tank or not.

2E910BD6-FEA0-45E9-B60D-FA11656F70F1.jpeg

Back