Our mission

Max’s 30 gal

Also I’m happy with how this little trachy garden has turned out. Just gotta fatten them up now
59D5780C-7940-4542-B463-64EB9A9B3015.jpeg

So airstone with the scrubber won’t work. If I get a skimmer is it feasible to just tune it to not skim much? I do not need additional nutrient export but I do want to increase pH and a scrubber seems to be the most reliable option. I’m going windows open again and surface agitation is high enough for that to make a difference, but I need something more consistent since I can’t always have my windows open.
Yes, do that. I thought the issue was you didn't have room for a skimmer. Haha

@Rostato and @ofzakaria or any other khg users, do you know if it is required to do the static testing and calibration after mixing another batch of reagent?
Not necessarily, All depend on the mix and if your dilution same as the older reagent.
What I do is run a test, if khg showed good results that means the mix was same dilution as the earlier mix so there will be no need for recal
Just be careful it take couple tests before the new reagent reach the chamber cause there will be some of the old reagent inside the tubings.
So when I change new reagent I run couple tests or a static test and if results as expected that means am good.

Last edited:
It's not a big deal really. That's the beauty of the khg. It let you calibrate to account for any changes that occurs in the reagent or anything else.
Yeah. And really I’m just looking for stability and am not so worried about a single specific alk. It has been dropping and I’m letting it slowly go down about .1 per day so it’ll be closer to the tmp 7 so I don’t have to worry about doing a wc too big and spiking/dropping alk
7AABBCA2-60A7-4ACB-8A4E-B601F94BED32.jpeg

I let the KHG run for awhile and the new reagent was giving me different results, off by .5. I recalibrated today and it should be good. The previous results were still showing stability but it’s good to have it recalibrated for accuracy and preciseness instead of just preciseness. I think that’s how that works, I remember those from a science class

Some white light shots, the torch looks pretty cool even without blue light. I lost one of the ones I got recently but the other is going strong. I’m never buying another torch but I do like them!
This is all WW and CW from the radion with the polyp labs lens to counteract the blue from the supplemental 470nm led bars
4B7B8F11-66A8-4694-BB5B-59CC41B62DC3.jpeg
5F955CE4-2C22-4943-B585-4DA5F1DED378.jpeg
DEA1EBCA-85E4-4307-9942-C1423A7CAF9C.jpeg

And then the reason I turned my lights white, is this just reddish coralline algae? Or Is it possibly cyano? If you suspect cyano I’ll research it more and run some tests. Doesn’t get blasted off with a baster
C3931747-875F-4784-B904-33793826FDEE.jpeg
9CC8AA2D-B8AE-408E-A7D5-E90EB47E72A6.jpeg

Heavy feeding caught up on me and now NO3 is in the hard to read spot between 10-25 and PO4 is above the range of my ULR Hanna checker. This increase lead to some stn on my blue and watermelon stylo as well as some tissue loss on my leptos. Acros are all looking great though.

I’m going to try to get the nutrients lower again and find a better balance and will be getting a pellet auto feeder to add consistency in hopes of stability.

Heavy feeding caught up on me and now NO3 is in the hard to read spot between 10-25 and PO4 is above the range of my ULR Hanna checker. This increase lead to some stn on my blue and watermelon stylo as well as some tissue loss on my leptos. Acros are all looking great though.

I’m going to try to get the nutrients lower again and find a better balance and will be getting a pellet auto feeder to add consistency in hopes of stability.
Man all this approaches of heavy feeding and slowing down your export system advices has never yielded good long term returns.. learn from this and avoid these approaches.

That is the ultimate conundrum- how heavy or lightly do you feed to maintain a certain amount of nutrients? How long to take exports offline? I'll never figure it out, so I stick to what I know: feed normally, use big skimmer, carbon dose, micro adjustments on N03 and P04 dosing depending on test readings taken every three days.

Some white light shots, the torch looks pretty cool even without blue light. I lost one of the ones I got recently but the other is going strong. I’m never buying another torch but I do like them!
This is all WW and CW from the radion with the polyp labs lens to counteract the blue from the supplemental 470nm led bars
View attachment 19499

I'm curious - what kind of torch?

Back