got ethical husbandry?

Montipora undata

JAR

tankpics9-1-09007-1.jpg

Montipora undata
2 frags available
RULES
:) Must be a BAR member
;) must pass on two frags before selling or trading.
:bigsmile: put me on top of the list if I lose the mother colony.
:D Should be obsessed about your tank!
Pick a number.

Pick up at October meeting or my house in Muir Beach.

I am totally obsessed with my tank and want to pick the # 254,975,864 :)

j/k since you didn't specify what it was between.

i'll go with 7.

Saw this coral for a first recently, and it is great lit up as well as in low moon light. Picking number 2. I can show you daily tank journal entries if you want to check out obsession.

I will make another frag for a total of 3.

LordHelmet
Yardartist
aalhait

You guys are obsessed!
See you at the October meeting or PM me to get it sooner.

Are you picking me up :bigsmile:???? I'm not sure if I can make it but I do want to check out the speaker. Remember the lease property I told you I was trying to pickup? Well, I'm a butt hair away from signing the lease so if that goes through my Saturdays will be booked for the next 10 years :((. I'll give you a call sometime next week. Thanks Jon.

Nice!
Thanks for the update! :)
Mom is still growing like a weed :bigsmile:
Jimmy's frag is taking over my frag rack.... where are you nanoguy?

Ha...ha.....I'm waiting for it to become a colony before I pick it up! I've been so busy I barely have time to breath. I will give you a buzz sometime this week Jon.

yardartist said:
'Bueller'

Geez if you cant give the stuff away I would take it but with my limited real estate I need to be a bit choosey. My tank is only 17 gallons. Do you have a pic? I already have an undata thats doing nicely.

Also I'm kinda concerned that some of my encrusting corals/zoas will not be fraggable. I have mounted all my frags directly to the rock work, minus the original frag plug where possible. I cant take them out to work on, fragging zoas in the tank is not a good idea because of the toxins, am I right? What do people usually do for non-branching corals when its time to frag/prune them?

Hey Richard...I'll take it if no one else wants it! The undata has always been on my wishlist. Was trying not to add too many new things to my tank since I would like to upgrade soon but that's taking forever.

I will try to get a photo today.

I have had success prying the original frag off the plug. This is after the frag encrusted the plug and down onto the rock. The rock was stable in my hand so I could twist with a screw driver into the joint where it was glued onto the plug by someone else. This gave me enough coral to split and then honor the chain. My sunset does not always stay on the rock so those lifted edges can be broken off. Third glue a rock chip or plug beside the coral and let it 'walk' up on its own to then be separated. I am doing this right now with cyphastrea. I'll try to get photo of that as well.

Durwin, I feel your pain. No LED on my tank yet. I have it all lit up now, but not changing it until after my trip end of this month. Not want to disturb all and not be here to make changes. This gives me a week to get it in place over the tank. Deadlines are the best. Let me know about getting it to you this next week sometime.

Back