Kessil

More DBTC Tracking Candy

I set up a tracker for dbtc frags here: http://www.bareefers.org/home/frags

It's integrated with the new and recent posts tabs. Frags are listed in the order they were added to the system, with the most recently added frags at the top. This is so that you can see the new frags that have been added even if they have a delivery date in the past.

Even better, IMHO, there's now a DBTC tab in user profiles!
For instance, check out Bryan's: http://www.bareefers.org/home/user/6/dbtc

A block at the top lists various statistics. Most of them are obvious but a couple might need explanation
- "Total Chains Started" is the number of frags you gave that have no parent. This may be different than the number of DBTC threads you started, since a thread can have multiple root frags.
- "DBTC Karma" is just something for fun that I threw in. It's frags given minus frags received, so it gives sort of a score for how much you're putting in versus receiving.

And then, of course, there are tables listing all the frags you've given and received with links to the threads.

Enjoy!

This is great Erin! :) The personal accounts wil be soooo helpful to post updates without having to try to remember what the original post was called; and then doing a search which doesn't bring the right one up. Thanks a ton! :D

because they haven't been added to the database yet ;) You are more than welcome to start your gen 0-->gen1 additions to your own threads. Go to your DBTC threads and look at the option at the bottom of the first post.

That is sweet.

Is there a way to split out the frags returned from frags given? Thus, making it easier to see who is not only contributing new corals but also returning back subsequent generations.

So for example with me

Frags Contributed

Rich's Xmas Micros

Frags Received

Micro C

Frags Returned

Micro C

Is there a way to split out the frags returned from frags given?

Do you mean that you want to see all generation 1 frags in a separate section?

That seems a little confusing and cluttered to me, and the generation column is there so people can look at that.

How about just a statistic for frags returned?

Gomer said:
because they haven't been added to the database yet ;) You are more than welcome to start your gen 0-->gen1 additions to your own threads. Go to your DBTC threads and look at the option at the bottom of the first post.

Actually, it's okay to add any generation frag now, since I fixed the bug that prevented us from adding earlier generations after later generations!

pixelpixi said:
Is there a way to split out the frags returned from frags given?

Do you mean that you want to see all generation 1 frags in a separate section?

That seems a little confusing and cluttered to me, and the generation column is there so people can look at that.

How about just a statistic for frags returned?

I was more thinking if say I wanted to make sure a frag was going to go to someone who has a good history of returning frags they have been givien it would be helpful.

pixelpixi said:
seminolecpa said:
BTW. The "frags" from the test site are showing up in the stats.

Yep, it's all one site. We may want to delete all the test frags if we don't want them to show up.

Yeah, had a feeling that might be the case. They would probably have to be a full delete too vs. the moving to the deleted post thread. Can't see any reason to keep them at this point but probably good to run it by the BOD to make sure.

seminolecpa said:
I was more thinking if say I wanted to make sure a frag was going to go to someone who has a good history of returning frags they have been givien it would be helpful.

Yeah that makes sense, but I think that can be accomplished with a simple statistic rather than a whole separate section. I'll try adding a statistic and lets see how that goes.

seminolecpa said:
Yeah, had a feeling that might be the case. They would probably have to be a full delete too vs. the moving to the deleted post thread. Can't see any reason to keep them at this point but probably good to run it by the BOD to make sure.

Just deleting the frags would do it. We don't have to delete the threads if we don't want to. (I kind of don't want to. They're funny!)

Back