Kessil

(Mostly) Complete System Giveaway: 47G bowfront

I've lurked on BAR for many years, and have benefited from the club more than once. In thanks to that, I'd like to offer my still-flowing 47G bowfront to the club before I shut it off. Included in the system:
  • 47 gallon bowfront display
  • 24 gallon sump, 2 compartments w/ baffling, I currently run one half as a refugium and the other for equipment
  • Return pump. Pretty new, less than 1 year old.
  • Reciprocating outlet for the return pump
  • Overflow box & drain
  • I can leave a bit of sand and rock rubble
  • There's a stand, but it's really rough. Included if you want it.
All you'd really need is a light and heater to keep the system going. It just seemed like a shame to not offer a very old (10+ years), established system to the community when the alternative was to let it dry up. If noone wants to take the entire system, I'll eventually piece out the equipment. I'd really like to help a new reefer make the jump to a bigger system, ideally.

If you're interested, post below.

That's very kind of you. Where were you when I first started [emoji1787]
Good luck to whoever gets it.
Can we see a picture?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

This would go a long way! I've learned the ropes of a freshwater tank over the past year and looking to move into the world of saltwater. Recently setup a smaller saltwater tank upstairs that ended up having a crack in it which luckily all happened within a day so no real substantial setback besides the water damage to the floor. Anyway, I am ready to try again! lol Already looking forward to hearing back!

I appreciate the kind words. As requested, here are some quick photos. Some more info, the tank will be ready for pickup in a week or so. I can work with you on the timing. I do have sand, rock, and equipment appropriate for the tank, that is not included in the giveaway, but we can discuss it.

20201201_115430.jpg
What's left of my display. Most of what's in there will be slowly removed to my new tank (SCA 50G). All the LR left in the tank have RBTA that need to be removed; for whatever reason, I can propagate RBTA extremely easily. I took 1 ORA RBTA purchased as a part of the original tank livestock, and have had dozens of daughter nems. If you're going to keep the system going with a light right away, I might be persuaded to leave a RBTA or two.

20201201_103420.jpg
Ugly photo of the fuge/sump. You'll need a new fuge light, heater, and/or skimmer. Depending on what your plan is, I'll try not to disturb the fuge too much. This should help with cycling from moving the system.

20201201_095141.jpg
Like many reefers, can't resist a shot under the moonlights. I was using plastic sheeting to help contain humidity and help with better control of water loss & temp. It's honestly a sub-par stand for the system, but it does work after I DIY'd it.

Back