I literally took the plunge with the Muriatic Acid Bath with a couple of my prized rocks (1 from Arnold) that had gotten overtaken by Red People Eaters, Green Palys and Birdsnest. As much as I liked those corals, I like other corals more and the palys and RPE were especially prolific at spreading. Anyway, I put the rock in the bath, appx. 8 gallons tank water & almost 1 gallon muriatic acid. I used caution by drying the rock overnight and keeping the rock and tub w/ saltwater outside at all times. Whilst pouring the acid it, fumes came out and a lot of bubbles, I kept my exposure to a minimum. The questions I have for those that have done this method is how long do you keep the rocks in the bath? After the bath do you let them dry, rinse them w/ tap water, let them sit in RO/DI water or ??? I want to make sure the rocks are 100% ok before reintroducing it in the tank. Also, is the tub useable again for livestock if it's well rinsed? Pic a couple minutes after Muriatic acid poured into tub. You can see how serious this stuff is, worse than witches brew!