got ethical husbandry?

Mushrooms and Paly Question

Schmitty

Supporting Member
I know already, you guys are gonna ask me for a photo so Ill get one and add it her later, but while Im remembering to ask, I have two questions.
1. I have a sunny delight that has some black stuff at the base and Im not sure if that should be scrubbed off or dipped or if it's normal? (Photo coming)
2. Is ther something you can squirt onto mushrooms to kill em back from taking over rocks with zoas on them. I had a little garden going and then mushrooms came onto it and now are taking over... Any help is much appreciated.

I know already, you guys are gonna ask me for a photo so Ill get one and add it her later, but while Im remembering to ask, I have two questions.
1. I have a sunny delight that has some black stuff at the base and Im not sure if that should be scrubbed off or dipped or if it's normal? (Photo coming)
2. Is ther something you can squirt onto mushrooms to kill em back from taking over rocks with zoas on them. I had a little garden going and then mushrooms came onto it and now are taking over... Any help is much appreciated.

Drop kalk paste in center will kill them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
b5630c6e7f4feda3ebdebfc5192c30ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aiptasia-x would work too.

I have the same issue, TONS of green mushrooms overtaking some really big rocks in my tank...

I have done the aptiasaX on them, they sometimes die off or shrivel up to a small part of what they once were.

But my huge rock I need to probably break down my aquascape and pull out and either bleach it, or soak it in citric acid for a few hours.

I have done the kalk paste, they shrivel up but dont dissappear...only to come back within a month.

and with 3-4 RBT's in my tank I dont like to put a crapload of aptasiaX or paste in the tank...I think I need to pull the rocks and get more aggressive.

Dont even get me started on my aptasia, or green star polyp overgrow.

Back