Jestersix

My 72gl bowfront

revo

Still trying to think of what to put in my journal so i thought i would start off with some pix.

FTSAug09sml.jpg

blotchedanthiassm-1.jpg

redundatasml.jpg

pinkandbluemontisml.jpg

_MG_5483.jpg

_MG_5496.jpg

It would be great if you posted more of your system specs. with some pictures :)
Flow, heating, lighting, list of livestock, maintenance, blah blah blah ... :D

the system is heading towards a Zeovit tank. I have been using their products since march of this year and told myself that I would give it a least a year before giving up. I like it so far and see a decent amount of color and hope to see more in the upcoming months. I read that it takes approx 6 months before you see a significant difference in color when you are running a DSB. i try and do at least a 5-10gal wc 1-2/week which hellps me keep the parameters as close to NSW as possible (KH-7;Ca 390; Mg-1300 SG-1.021).

For lighting, I have a Giesemann Infiniti. I got lucky last year when someone mysteriously sent it to my office. This was a good Secret Santa! Temp is controlled with a jbj 1/10hp arctica. Right now i have a Mag 9.5 pushing through this back to the main tank but plan on upgrading this it a red dragon next year. The other main upgrade I want to do is replace my Hydor skimmer with either a BK 180, WM K2 or Alpha 170. I am in no rush (partly due to funds) and the tank is running fine for the moment. I also have an old CaRx that i am using from my first go around with saltwater tanks 20 yrs ago. I was in the hobby for almost ten years and then got out for ten and now just starting back up.

Anthony- I think i ran across your flickr acct when i was searching for a coral. if that was your acct, you have quite the eye. I bought a rebel xs and canon 100mm macro but still cannot take decent photos.

JAR-thanks! these two montis actually came from Lam (BAR Member) when i saw his journal originally on R2R. These were the first corals i purchased outside of a LFS. I never knew people sold/traded corals or BAR even existed until he and then Robert at Neptune told me join.

Joe

I am in love with that hot pink Montipora you've got there! Do you know what kind it is, or what it is called?
I love the Canon 100mm; it's a kick ass lens! The Canon XS is pretty sweet deal also -my brother just got an XS not too long ago, and he hasn't set it down!! :D
FWIW, this is me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ant_l/
Follow the collection on the left called Eukaryota, Glass Boxes of Water, and that's where all of my aquarium related pictures are.

Ian wrote an article for RHM in regards to shooting, especially top-downs with an acrylic box. Might want to take a gander at it if you haven't.

Ibn said:
Ian wrote an article for RHM in regards to shooting, especially top-downs with an acrylic box. Might want to take a gander at it if you haven't.

http://reefhobbyistmagazine.com/

It should be up soon. The latest mag is out and I think it takes a week or two to hit PDF on the site.

Back