Neptune Aquatics

My fish tank

I've been around here long enough not to share my tank amoungst friend and comrades ::)

ftsfeb10350001.jpg

ftsfeb1gd3.jpg

ftsfeb10230004.jpg

The tank is a standard US 180 gallon display; 72" x 24" x 24". It was manufactured by lee mar and it is 3 sided starfire with eurobracing. I built the stand and canopy out of red oak myself this time last year.

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=6831.msg88354#msg88354 date=1236999018]
Holy crap man... that is NICE! What's the teal or babyblue acro on the far right? Tank 84"x30"x24"?
[/quote]

Thank you. The thick acro is one I picked up in Feb of '07. It is just a really nice formosa color combo that I have never seen. It was a 3" branch when I found it in a wild shipment.

Here are a couple shots of it
xmas0150001.jpg

xmas1270001.jpg

gnewfeb0570056.jpg

[quote author=iani link=topic=6831.msg88357#msg88357 date=1236999395]
very nice Mark.
[/quote]

Thanks Ian. I figured its time to blend in and learn from all you top notch reefers in the bay ;)

[quote author=neyugn0w01 link=topic=6831.msg88386#msg88386 date=1237002265]
Looks great Mark. I know you have some more pictures.
[/quote]

Take it easy on me Lam, I am just warming up :) There is no rush especially since I am trying to learn the ropes around here.

Cmon Mark you need to fill that thing up. I see a few inches of real estate vacant. :)

Very nice BTW. I am so looking for my 180 to grow in. This just gives me some inspiration.

Thank you guys for the extremely kind words. As some you you know, I have an extremely long thread in the Large tank forum on RC. I will work on posting some more eye candy moving forward. I really appreciate feedback and please do not hesitate to ask me questions and/or give me suggestions. That is the only way I/we can learn. Thanks again :)

WOW! Looking great Mark, especially the last one ;)

Whatever came of that A. austera you bought from Mingwei? I still have the frag you gave me and it looks identical to a larger colony that I have.

Jeremy, its still around. I had one similar as well so its in my frag tank. Its a cool piece with lower nutrients. I passed a piece to Tim (tfp) and Doug (dots).

What's your orginal name for that piece? Bloodredrash chalice or something like that :)

Back