got ethical husbandry?

My not so Peninsula 650

Well, I’m upgrading. Decided to upgrade within two months of owning my 250.

What do you guys think of the rock work? The plywood is the exact dimensions of the tank.

fa8dbde78974e1693cc4f29ce451d803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might want one more higher piece on the left side of the right structure. Looks pretty good. Make sure you’ve got space for at least a magnet on the sides.

oh the possibilities
you might consider the height of the cantilever portion
maybe lower it about 30 degrees clockwise
fish hate swimming too close to the surface (more than 4in clearance)

just a thought...
congratulations on the new tank

I don’t think the rock was more than 60% of the height of the tank. But I’ll take a picture tomorrow with the height of the tank illustrated somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about late(sad) update. I've been working non-stop for the past few months and it doesn't look to be ending anytime soon. It's been a fog with work and covid but I been slowly getting this tank up and running.

I got the tank cycling and started with two fishes, a purple firefish and a hawkfish. Then I added some tangs, a purple one and kole yellow eye. I waited about a month before adding the fishes from the 250. It was my mini QT.

Well, we migrated from the 250 about a week ago. While I was away for work, three fishes quickly died. The yellow eye, my coral beauty and belarus angel. Shorty after, the damsel fish died and we can't find the firefish. We think he died too.

I just wanted to thank @Coral reefer !!! He helped setup a QT tank quickly and identified the issue. All while I was away.... The survivors are the two clown fish, purple tang and the hawkfish. They are being treated with copper right now but wanted to see if anyone else has any other suggestion.

I am going to do a fresh water dip. Should I do anything else? maybe copper + api general cure? The little clown is breathing a little hard....

The tank will be fallowed for 72+ days. before adding them back in.

Going to restock soon.

Anything thoughts on currently lineup?

Coral Beauty
Royal Gamma
Goby
Kole Tang
Herem of clowns x4
Lytail anthias x4
Purple firefish

2 survivors: purple tang and hawkfish.

They all going to copper QT for a month. Maybe not clowns....as they are possibly coming from a trusted source.

Back