Our mission

My Wife's new fish.

Well when I started in this hobby my wife was just a simple bystander who excepted my obsession. Now after a couple of years my wife has her own tank and makes trips to the fish store without me. Which she did today to pick up her new fish.

Tassle Filefish

DSC_0048%20(13)%20-%20Version%202.jpg

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0048 (13) - Version 2.jpg

I remember when the "aiptasia" eating filefish came about, "hey what happened to my corals" :D

However in a FOWLR system, that could be quite epic.

LOL.. thats the exact fish that my wife wanted to buy for my reef tank... While we were at a fish store, she was like " babe, look at this fish, pretty cool lookin, could we get it for your reef tank?" :O my answer was a screaming.. HELL NO! hahaha

sfsuphysics said:
I remember when the "aiptasia" eating filefish came about, "hey what happened to my corals" :D

However in a FOWLR system, that could be quite epic.

Like any fish, there are success stories. I know some in full blown reefs. Most do eat polyps though.

Mr. Ugly said:
Too funny.

I think all reefer wives want you to get seahorses and puffers too :D
Don't forget the cute little box fish :D

The cow boxfish, humu humu trigger, clown trigger are high on the list of "oooh can we buy one"

sfsuphysics said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Too funny.

I think all reefer wives want you to get seahorses and puffers too :D
Don't forget the cute little box fish :D

The cow boxfish, humu humu trigger, clown trigger are high on the list of "oooh can we buy one"
Yep she likes the cow box fish as well. :bigsmile:

Seriously though, my wife's first fish way way back was a dogface puffer that we "had to rescue" from PetCo.

It had sad puppy dog eyes...

Then it "needed" a Stars & Stripes puffer so it wouldn't be lonely.

Then they both needed a playmate.... Porky the porcupine.

Then they all would do the puffer dance and spit water at her to train her to feed them :D

Mr. Ugly said:
Yes, everybody needs a herd of cowfishes.

An entire cowfish famiily in an Aquapod would be so cool :D :D :D

Pure torture given how large some cowfish (longhorn+ 20") can get. Boo on you for suggesting it :p

Look at this print from Wikipedia:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Haeckel_Ostraciontes.jpg
(removed it from being embedded due to size)

Do those large ones still fizzle about like the small ones? It looks like a mean little fish with horns, thorns, and teeth all over the place... but if it has two tiny fins and kind of flutters about it'd almost be laughably cute :D

Haha... sorry, I should have looked for the sarcasm smiley.

It's just that I've seen so many people look at those and boxfish in a store, and you totally know what they're thinking :D

seminolecpa said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Yes, everybody needs a herd of cowfishes.

An entire cowfish famiily in an Aquapod would be so cool :D :D :D

Could you put in a ceramic cowboy with a lasso that has bubbles coming out of it too :)

Sure thing pardner :D

Just got to make sure that the ceramic is anemone safe :D

Back